2023 contract

TeltBender

No excuse, not to vote.
PTers feel cheated by the union. Even in 177 our deal is trash. Very few PTers stay for the length of a contract, so there’s no reason to vote for a lot of them. Most of our guys have no idea about our contract, I have to explain it to them. Why does the union not send someone to explain the contract to the new hires? If they did that maybe PTers would want to get more involved with the union

PTers feel cheated by the union. Even in 177 our deal is trash. Very few PTers stay for the length of a contract, so there’s no reason to vote for a lot of them. Most of our guys have no idea about our contract, I have to explain it to them. Why does the union not send someone to explain the contract to the new hires? If they did that maybe PTers would want to get more involved with the union
Well then if they don't feel they're getting a fair deal, they need to vote it down.

Whither

Scofflaw
At this point I think there's no reason to think that O'Brien doesn't mean business. His speeches are consistently militant; he's firing shots across the company's bow. There's no harm in taking him seriously, and we would stand to gain plenty if even a fraction of us do. But we have a lot of unpaid work to do to get the scaredy cats and tail-tuckers on board. I tell anyone who will listen at my building: we could wind up with the best contract you could imagine, but it would just be a piece of paper unless you take the time to get a grip on it and have the guts to enforce it.

Plenty of my coworkers want to know when I'm going to become a stew. I say, my goal isn't to become a stew. No, I want you and every other Teamster to be as knowledgeable as a good stew and to be capable of defending yourself against the company at all times. Of course there's a learning curve, but that means less easy shop talk and more real talk. People have to give a damn about a Teamster instead of making idle complaints. I see drivers every day going to the PDS office to discuss their dispatch off-the-clock ... imagine if all those wasted hours had been spent discussing our issues, not management's.

Hot Carl

There has got to be stronger language on forced 6th punches. This company is getting away with absolute murder by flagrantly exploiting this and forcing guys in on their day off every single week for years now without consequence. And because the bottom of the 22.4s list keeps turning over, it’s always the same guys working 6 days a week. For low seniority RPCDs, it is effectively a year-round peak season. Our building in particular forces guys in regardless of remaining hours, pushing many of us as close to 60 hours as possible, week after week. That’s right, even if you have under 10 minutes remaining for the whole week, you are required to report to work on time and in uniform on your day off so you can stand around for a few minutes and go home.

This is abusive, and our local just lets it happen.

Non liberal

Haven't been here in 5 years. All I'm here to say is..

Strike strike strike
Might as well, I was against it at first, but then I realized all these big company ceos want Biden or any union supporting democrat in office so the heck with it, make ‘em pay! I want a big time raise, at least $5 an hr., periodic raises throughout, health benefits maintained, company match 401k, pension maintained. At least, What else am I missing?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
There has got to be stronger language on forced 6th punches. This company is getting away with absolute murder by flagrantly exploiting this and forcing guys in on their day off every single week for years now without consequence. And because the bottom of the 22.4s list keeps turning over, it’s always the same guys working 6 days a week. For low seniority RPCDs, it is effectively a year-round peak season. Our building in particular forces guys in regardless of remaining hours, pushing many of us as close to 60 hours as possible, week after week. That’s right, even if you have under 10 minutes remaining for the whole week, you are required to report to work on time and in uniform on your day off so you can stand around for a few minutes and go home.

Yah damn right brother!

Non liberal

T

Thats bull:censored2:!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At this point I think there's no reason to think that O'Brien doesn't mean business. His speeches are consistently militant; he's firing shots across the company's bow. There's no harm in taking him seriously, and we would stand to gain plenty if even a fraction of us do. But we have a lot of unpaid work to do to get the scaredy cats and tail-tuckers on board. I tell anyone who will listen at my building: we could wind up with the best contract you could imagine, but it would just be a piece of paper unless you take the time to get a grip on it and have the guts to enforce it.

Plenty of my coworkers want to know when I'm going to become a stew. I say, my goal isn't to become a stew. No, I want you and every other Teamster to be as knowledgeable as a good stew and to be capable of defending yourself against the company at all times. Of course there's a learning curve, but that means less easy shop talk and more real talk. People have to give a damn about a Teamster instead of making idle complaints. I see drivers every day going to the PDS office to discuss their dispatch off-the-clock ... imagine if all those wasted hours had been spent discussing our issues, not management's.
There’s a reason that big hof took him off of the job of head negotiator last contract…he wasn’t playing nice enough with the company.

upser2020

I just had a crazy idea. Move all 22.4s to rpcd and use 22.4 as a stepping stone to inside inside combos. As I understand it one of the points of 22.4 is flexible coverage for both inside work and driving if either is short. An inside only 22.4 with a set schedule but not set position(ie you work Tues thru Sat night sort and preload) but could be on unload one sort belt tendering the next then next day smalls sort etc basically anywhere they are short that is a general position that doesn't require special classification. Just an idea.

Skoon3y

Might as well, I was against it at first, but then I realized all these big company ceos want Biden or any union supporting democrat in office so the heck with it, make ‘em pay! I want a big time raise, at least $5 an hr., periodic raises throughout, health benefits maintained, company match 401k, pension maintained. At least, What else am I missing?
Company car. Sushi and lobster for lunch. 😂