2023 contract

Brownwind

Some of those are gravy jobs big time
Some of them are. Unfortunately the one I just bid out of was three hours in unload then 10.5 on road. They were always short on driver’s so the W.A.D part of the bid was tough. I did like it when I actually was able to be in the building for eight hours. Most 22.3 are fourteen hours until you run out of hours for the week. When it was good it definitely was gravy but it’s seldom good.

Best part was making 120k for a glorious cover job

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I believe the company will want a part time jump in starting rate just as much as the union. They cannot keep part-timers at the current pay rate
Yeah nobody wants to do this at a sorry pay rate. They figure I can go work somewhere less hassle and more pay. It’s not like ups does anything anyways to try and keep its employees.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have shifters in my local working 13 hours everyday classified as part time 4 years in making minimum wage.

I believe our shifters are all PT but 2. Have you asked why they remain PT and not made into FT positions?

Are the shifters upset they work so many hours or is it something they want?

The Company is more than happy when a part timer works full time hours, they rather pay time and a half after 5. ... it saves them money in the long run because these part timers will still be under an inferior part time pension plan no matter how many hours they work in a year.

Basically stealing the monetary contributions that would help the full timers’ pension plans.