2023 contract

Pullman Brown

Some people will read that and think we failed if we don’t get every single thing on there.

I mean every proposal on there I’ve heard from somebody in the Union basically verbally or on this forum. The leadership is just doing their job listening to the membership right?!? No harm in pushing the envelope!

Thebrownblob

I mean every proposal on there I’ve heard from somebody in the Union basically verbally or on this forum. The leadership is just doing their job listening to the membership right?!? No harm in pushing the envelope!
Sure but that particular PDF would be us getting 100% of everything we want, that is not how negotiations work. Some people do not understand that. nothing wrong with the proposals in and of themselves.

ManInBrown

Been giving this a lot of thought. IMO with this next contract, FT wages should be the least of our concern. Do we deserve yearly bumps of at least $1. Absolutely but there are many other problems that need to be addressed first. Subcontracting in feeders. PVD’s in package. I’m not very knowledgeable about the other package problems because I’ve been gone for too long now. Wages should be the last item on the menu. Even for someone like me who’s not a fan of OT, I almost have to not try, to make $2000 a week. Very little effort needed to hit that number weekly. And truthfully not hard to hit $2200 a week. I think I’m paid fairly. Others might not agree and I respect that. Package is a different story. Just talking about feeders. I’d be happy with $1 per year and COLA. Many more pressing issues to be dealt with IMO.

qdg2

Been giving this a lot of thought. IMO with this next contract, FT wages should be the least of our concern. Do we deserve yearly bumps of at least $1. Absolutely but there are many other problems that need to be addressed first. Subcontracting in feeders. PVD’s in package. I’m not very knowledgeable about the other package problems because I’ve been gone for too long now. Wages should be the last item on the menu. Even for someone like me who’s not a fan of OT, I almost have to not try, to make $2000 a week. Very little effort needed to hit that number weekly. And truthfully not hard to hit $2200 a week. I think I’m paid fairly. Others might not agree and I respect that. Package is a different story. Just talking about feeders. I’d be happy with $1 per year and COLA. Many more pressing issues to be dealt with IMO.
And as a feeder driver, would you strike for a/c in pkg cars? Would people in Boston? MN? Utah?

Again, I submit-all of the things mentioned are ALREADY HERE.

I think most folks won't lose $2K PER WEEK FOR A PART-TIMER.

Status quo would be fine for me. Change nothing....I'm good.

ManInBrown

And as a feeder driver, would you strike for a/c in pkg cars? Would people in Boston? MN? Utah?

Of course I would strike. We are one company. A strike is a strike. I would never cross the line under any circumstances. If leadership says there is a work stoppage, there’s a work stoppage.

Thebrownblob

I thought you were retiring?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's a proposal , I got an email from ups teamsters United . It's not some Facebook crap . Doesn't mean it will go to vote , the union and ups have to bargain

Our Union Hall is having a proposal meeting OCT 9th.

I suggest everybody interested attend...I have attended these meeting since the early 90's...Only about 50 members and maybe 10 even bothered to summit proposals in the 2018 meeting. Back in 1997 our Union Hall was packed well over 200 members and everybody summited.

Truth is that the O'Brien team already knows our problems and issues associated with the last contract, they are all veterans and been around the park with the Company.

I fully expect the Company to test the new O'Brien team, much in the lines of the one day strike with Carey back in February 1994 over them rising the weight limits to 150 lbs. Some of the decision making in Atlanta is questionable, it appears that they are mimicking the other couriers without thought or reason. Somebody makes a decision at these board meetings and all the Yes men and women better agree, communication between the ground operations and the higher ups is non existent.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Part timers are a non factor and never have been...they will get their better starting raise, the Company has already admitted that with them raising them in different regions. This Contract will be settled by the Full Timers plain and simple.

R1wonder

Our Union Hall is having a proposal meeting OCT 9th.

I suggest everybody interested attend...I have attended these meeting since the early 90's...Only about 50 members and maybe 10 even bothered to summit proposals in the 2018 meeting. Back in 1997 our Union Hall was packed well over 200 members and everybody summited.

Truth is that the O'Brien team already knows our problems and issues associated with the last contract, they are all veterans and been around the park with the Company.

I fully expect the Company to test the new O'Brien team, much in the lines of the one day strike with Carey back in February 1994 over them rising the weight limits to 150 lbs. Some of the decision making in Atlanta is questionable, it appears that they are mimicking the other couriers without thought or reason. Somebody makes a decision at these board meetings and all the Yes men and women better agree, communication between the ground operations and the higher ups is non existent.

I usually do attend these meetings and will try to again. But I'm also working Saturdays and sundays are my only days to make things happen in life .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's a proposal , I got an email from ups teamsters United . It's not some Facebook crap . Doesn't mean it will go to vote , the union and ups have to bargain
Um, no, it isn't a proposal.
I got the same email, it said specifically that it was in fact, Facebook crap.
Screenshot_20220925_183600.jpg