2023 contract

Brownwind

Been giving this a lot of thought. IMO with this next contract, FT wages should be the least of our concern. Do we deserve yearly bumps of at least $1. Absolutely but there are many other problems that need to be addressed first. Subcontracting in feeders. PVD’s in package. I’m not very knowledgeable about the other package problems because I’ve been gone for too long now. Wages should be the last item on the menu. Even for someone like me who’s not a fan of OT, I almost have to not try, to make $2000 a week. Very little effort needed to hit that number weekly. And truthfully not hard to hit $2200 a week. I think I’m paid fairly. Others might not agree and I respect that. Package is a different story. Just talking about feeders. I’d be happy with $1 per year and COLA. Many more pressing issues to be dealt with IMO.
$2200 before 401k and savings is definitely realistic. Most newbies want the cash. Mid level want a strong article 37 to stop the constant harassment. Older ones want the pension built up.

Unfortunately many as mentioned in many post are in debt up to their eyeballs and aren’t thinking long term.
Enjoy your retirement and thank you for your response.

Brownwind

Part timers are a non factor and never have been...they will get their better starting raise, the Company has already admitted that with them raising them in different regions. This Contract will be settled by the Full Timers plain and simple.
Yep. Unfortunate but true. Most don’t even understand how the union works

ManInBrown

$2200 before 401k and savings is definitely realistic. Most newbies want the cash. Mid level want a strong article 37 to stop the constant harassment. Older ones want the pension built up.

Unfortunately many as mentioned in many post are in debt up to their eyeballs and aren’t thinking long term.
Enjoy your retirement and thank you for your response.
All the numbers I posted are gross, not net. I max out my 401k every year. And I’m not retired.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I don't do facebook, but found the link another way. I personally like seeing where things come from so here is atleast one avenue pointing to it.

Rank-and-File UPSers Share Sample Contract Proposals

Read through the sample proposals..looked good.. Article 41 (GWI) had the wrong dates listed... No improvements in the Part Timers pension formula listed in Article 34?....like them reducing the age to 18 for vesting credit...

I presume that Vacations are covered under the supplemental and riders...

Eliminating the entire 22.4 language...Still a four year progression but all the COLA increases included.

I would like some Master Language on our members that are getting inferior pension benefits under subpar supplemental and rider agreements...

pkgdriver

I want my red stylus back.
CEC01E6A-2720-4C32-82B0-E18DF766FFBD.jpeg

mikejonesjr

if we could get anything close to these proposals I’d be thrilled. Part wages wages being a base rate + .75 cents x years seniority would be nice. I could screwed over by the last contract and underpaid so that’d fix it

Yolo

When I started in 1967. I made $7/hr and I was happy. I wasn't entitled and didn't take handouts. I say we lower the wages of everyone with less seniority than me to $7/hr! They should be grateful! Remember you are lucky to have a job!