2023 contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I will never vote yes on a contract that gives you a better pension. You suffer for your mistakes for living where you are!

I knew that would bring the termites out of the woodwork

The rest of the Conferences (like the West) should never have been able to vote on any pension increases for the members under the Central and Southern Supplement.... Why is it the Master anyway ?...it is duplicate language.

It was only put into the (MASTER) to prevent those members under the IBT/UPS Pension plan the power to negotiate and vote down the supplement if the benefits were not up to par with the rest of the country.

In reality @542thruNthru is correct..Even if we under the Central and Southern continue to vote down our supplements or riders and The Master passes any further negotiation on our pension increases is useless. The powers that be made sure we under the Central and Southern (part time and full time) would never have complete control of their pension benefits or improvements

The members under the West are under a Monetary Contribution Pension Plan, a weekly contribution goes into their own individual pension trusts, as long as those monetary contributions increase and new membership continues to grow they are set for life..I believe the their pension is close to 300 dollars per service year right now and it will grow with every contract. Some members under the well funded West pension funds were concerned about paying or suffering loss for the Central's potential default, this past Federal Bail Out pretty much prevented that from happening..There has been a lot of politicking over this issue, in the past it has been used as a scare tactic in order to pass concessionary Contracts.

Turning some of our membership against others less fortunate...In other words we were all being played...

NW.Hunter

When I started in 1967. I made $7/hr and I was happy. I wasn't entitled and didn't take handouts. I say we lower the wages of everyone with less seniority than me to $7/hr! They should be grateful! Remember you are lucky to have a job!
so you're saying that you've been at UPS for 10 years longer than I have been alive? You should have retired years ago

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I started in 1967. I made $7/hr and I was happy. I wasn't entitled and didn't take handouts. I say we lower the wages of everyone with less seniority than me to $7/hr! They should be grateful! Remember you are lucky to have a job!

So, you been at ups over 50 years
WTF

542thruNthru

The rest of the Conferences (like the West) should never have been able to vote on any pension increases for the members under the Central and Southern Supplement.... Why is it the Master anyway ?...it is duplicate language.

It was only put into the (MASTER) to prevent those members under the IBT/UPS Pension plan the power to negotiate and vote down the supplement if the benefits were not up to par with the rest of the country.

In reality @542thruNthru is correct..Even if we under the Central and Southern continue to vote down our supplements or riders and The Master passes any further negotiation on our pension increases is useless. The powers that be made sure we under the Central and Southern (part time and full time) would never have complete control of their pension benefits or improvements

The members under the West are under a Monetary Contribution Pension Plan, a weekly contribution goes into their own individual pension trusts, as long as those monetary contributions increase and new membership continues to grow they are set for life..I believe the their pension is close to 300 dollars per service year right now and it will grow with every contract. Some members under the well funded West pension funds were concerned about paying or suffering loss for the Central's potential default, this past Federal Bail Out pretty much prevented that from happening..There has been a lot of politicking over this issue, in the past it has been used as a scare tactic in order to pass concessionary Contracts.

Turning some of our membership against others less fortunate...In other words we were all being played...
You'll get what you get and like it!

Dewdewbrown

5. Seriously, address the irregular and oversized pkg issue. 6. Limit the amount of stops that people can track you online, (last 10 stops) I have people tracking me down and physically coming to me all day. 7. Seriously, give drivers work flexibility, opportunities to work partial days.( work life balance)
Yeah...I'd rather walk up three flights of stairs or down a mile long driveway to deliver vs. someone coming to meet me..

35years

Gravy route

You hit the nail on the head.
Those under the IBT/UPS plan...Central and Southern regions+... had better wake up.
$170 credit in 2013...Only $175 in 2023.
Adjusted for inflation, that should be $216 in 2022 and $233 for 2023.
25% reduction in buying power.

The 30 and 35 and out methods actually faired worse...33% reduction in buying power.

Plain and simple, those in the IBT/UPS fund were sold out.
That's why it was written into the Master. No voting down the supplement like every other region.

To rectify what Hoffa did:
The IBT/UPS pension is currently figured by two methods...
1. Accrual method:
Inflation adjustment indicates an immediate 25% increase, but also retroactive increases in pension credit for the last 10 years for an extra $176 cumulative. That is only to make up for inflation.
2. (30 or 35 and out method)
Inflation adjustment indicates 30 and out should be $5,400 not the current $3,900
Inflation adjustment indicates 35 and out should be $6,500 not the current $4,300

These should actually increase over the contract as well...This is just the inflation adjusted starting point for the first year.

If these increases seem large, remember they only reflect inflation.
That is how badly the Central and South are currently getting screwed.

If you retire at 62 you will get 20 years of pension on avg.
$6,500 vs $4,300 a month totals an extra $528,000
WAKE UP!!!

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
^^^ das some bull:censored2:!! And I am in the southern too sigh
Yep
Retire in Wash D.C, ......................................get $10,000 a month. (local 639)
Retire in California.........................................get 6-8K
Retire in Millwalkee.......................................get 6-7K
Retire in the central or south.....................get screwed.

And for you young drivers you are also getting screwed for the future because you are only getting $175 a month credit each year while others get $300+ ...You are accumulating pension credit now (only getting half what other drivers are accumulating).

Yep
Retire in Wash D.C, ......................................get $10,000 a month. (local 639)
And many other supplements get screwed also

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yep

And for you young drivers you are also getting screwed for the future because you are only getting $175 a month credit each year while others get $300+ ...You are accumulating pension credit now (only getting half what other drivers are accumulating).

...and that full time service 25 and out any age under the IBT/UPS pension formula...

“A whopping 2,000”

Subtract your current retirees’ healthcare payments of 400 a month.

and do not forget the taxes...maybe you will be clearing 1,300 a mouth if you are lucky.

That 25 and out service benefit has not been improved since the plan started in 2008. (15 years ago)..

:bsbullf:

...and that full time service 25 and out any age under the IBT/UPS pension formula...

“A whopping 2,000”

Subtract your current retirees’ healthcare payments of 400 a month.

and do not forget the taxes...maybe you will be clearing 1,300 a mouth if you are lucky.

That 25 and out service benefit has not been improved since the plan started in 2008. (15 years ago)..

:bsbullf:
That's like living on one week's paycheck