22.3 car wash not paid properly

derrick

I've coming from 3 years of Air driver and night hub. I signed and won a bid for car wash and preload. They dropped my pay from 32 to 21 a hour. Now they said they won't put me at my right pay scale. What article does this violate? So I can file on it and get my pay rate corrected and All back pay.

542thruNthru

I've coming from 3 years of Air driver and night hub. I signed and won a bid for car wash and preload. They dropped my pay from 32 to 21 a hour. Now they said they won't put me at my right pay scale. What article does this violate? So I can file on it and get my pay rate corrected and All back pay.
22.3 air driver/preload first?

Mst3k

Ask your business agent, air drivers have a 2 year progression but 22.3s have a 4 year. That said I believe the contract language says that you may not be forced to start a progression over once finished.

Nah
Hate to break it to you, but it sounds like they're paying you correctly. You're not performing Air Driver work anymore, so why would they pay you like one? Fortunately, if it's only been 2 weeks you might be able to switch back. I'd look into that, ASAP.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
3 years...

3 years at a place...

3 years at a place and makes no real life contacts...

head-shake-robert-downey-jr.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Are you expecting to be paid your air rate for working inside ?

DriverNerd

What were you making for the hub work before you switched jobs?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No sh*. That means they had a two year progression. They now have a four year progression.

He had an air combo job and went thru a 2 year progression for the air work, and should have been paid

an inside rate based on his seniority. Now.... he must complete a full-time progression because he bid an

inside-inside job. Sounds like he didn't know that or bother to ask.

He had an air combo job and went thru a 2 year progression for the air work, and should have been paid

an inside rate based on his seniority. Now.... he must complete a full-time progression because he bid an

Right, I get it. My course of comment didn't have to do with that, it was initially a response to post #3.

Mst3k

Again you should check with your business agent and see what they say since I do not know your exact situation but:

Article 41 section 2
(b) No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progres- sion more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole excep- tion is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driv- er job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.

derrick

I did ask. Asked the shop Steward and the BA both said I would be at 34 because I completed the progression and it's a 22.3 classification. Because the old job I would be at my part time pay but if I go inside on both it would be at 34 because I already completed progression and I shouldn't have to go through it again.

derrick

Again you should check with your business agent and see what they say since I do not know your exact situation but:

Article 41 section 2
(b) No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progres- sion more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole excep- tion is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driv- er job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.
True and that's where my problem comes in. I'm filling out my grivance form now because I was classified as a full time Air driver that went through progression. And not as a part time Air driver. So when I went inside it should have went automatically to top pay. UPS is trying to say I was part time now so they can rape me for 4 years at lower pay.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I did ask. Asked the shop Steward and the BA both said I would be at 34 because I completed the progression and it's a 22.3 classification. Because the old job I would be at my part time pay but if I go inside on both it would be at 34 because I already completed progression and I shouldn't have to go through it again.

I hate to tell you, but your Steward and BA are wrong.

If you were a full-time air driver.... you would have been paid under Article 40.

You've already told us you were a 22.3 combo.

So, that means you haven't completed a full-time progression.

What was your air driver rate.... and what was your inside rate ?