22.3 wage progression and the raise

• Thread starter Anonymous User1
  • Start date
O

onemoretry

I dont see how they could do that at your center when it clearly states in the contract that you stay at your current rate and become red circled until the progression would take you above that.

point me the way 2 where it says that pertaining to combo jobs...you receive a pay cut, then again i forgot you arent a friend/T making 28 an hour...
Also, youre saying not one friend/T with senority higher than a 98 bidded on that?? We have people anxiously waiting on an opening whose been there since 1980..

A

Anonymous User2

point me the way 2 where it says that pertaining to combo jobs...you receive a pay cut, then again i forgot you arent a friend/T making 28 an hour...
Also, youre saying not one friend/T with senority higher than a 98 bidded on that?? We have people anxiously waiting on an opening whose been there since 1980..

Article 41, Section 3 says about 22.3 jobs specifically "Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this section will be red-circled at there current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The trasnfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purpose of applying the progression set forth below"

Seems pretty clear to me you dont drop down.ANd in my building I was #4 on the senority list inlcuding the night sort and pre-load when I took the bid and only two drivers signed it both with senority dates after mine (99 and 01).

O

one more try

Article 41, Section 3 says about 22.3 jobs specifically "Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this section will be red-circled at there current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The trasnfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purpose of applying the progression set forth below"

Seems pretty clear to me you dont drop down.ANd in my building I was #4 on the senority list inlcuding the night sort and pre-load when I took the bid and only two drivers signed it both with senority dates after mine (99 and 01).

like I said I see you arent a friend/T making 28/hr...So you wont drop..But if you were YES they do drop you...
youre stuck until youve reached your progression date then youll automatically be placed at the pay rate for the combo job...

JustAnotherBody

what jobs does your 22.3 entail? If air driving is involved you will not be red-circled. You will take a pay cut for the portion of the day you drive air. That's right your FULL TIME job is actually paid at 2 different rates.
Always seemed dumb to me how that works. You make more in the building then you do when your out on the street in a UPS vehicle. You could offened a customer, destroy a vehicle or seriously injure someone with it. Although it would surely be noticed its gotta be alot easier to steal packages out on the street then it would be to walk past security with stolen goods.. Yet you get a pay cut. kinda crappy.. stupid teamsters. stupid ups. They both dropped the ball on that part of the contact.

A guy I work with recenylu took a 22.3 combo job working out of two different buildings located about 25-30 minutes apart. so he gets to drive to the other building on his own time in the middle of the day..

this month our area (3 seperate buildings located over the greater milwaukee area) hired 8 full time package drivers and a handful of combo jobs. How many of those drivers they'll keep we will see but they did fill them so I guess we arn't affected by a freeze here.

A

Anonymous User2

My Job is an inside/inside in the same building so I get the same payrate for the whole 8 hours. We do have a couple inside/outside jobs and they do get paid less for the driving part which I agree is stupid but hey thats just one of the many things that doesnt make sense with the company

HazMatMan

I won the bid for an inside/inside 22.3 job in our center and started it on June 4th this year. I have been a PTer since sep of 98 and I am wondering how the progression goes with the raises on Aug 1st. My PT wage was already higher than the 18month progression raise but not to the top rate yet so I was under the impression I would not get the progression raises until the full 2 years when I top out but I thought I would still get the general raise ($1.00) but I did not see it on my check for this week. Does this mean I get no raises of any kind for 2 years????

Sounds exactly the same as my situation back in 2001, I got screwed, um red circled, um screwed for 2 years, no raises, and contrary to what one poster wrote, after I hit top pay I didn't consider it to be "BIG BUCKS".