22.4 bid sheet

Tanktoptony

22.4’s cannot hold bid routes have a lower rate and progression so starting at a rpcd you will be making more money and be on a m-friend work schedule. 22.4’s cannot be on a 9.5 list like rpcd as well. Not making this up just saw a guy with 17yrs as a par timer skip 22.4 and went straight to rpcd. Better progression, better work week schedule, and has better 9.5 protection.

Tanktoptony

Can you explain what you mean about full timer trumps part timers in context to what job(driver,inside/combo/22.4) what full timers are you referring to?

Tanktoptony

A full-time driver regardless of his hire date has more seniority than any part-time employee.
Yeah totally different topic. Referring only to people trying to into a driving position specifically those trying to be a rpcd. A 22.4 is not the same title and promoted to rcpd is done only on company seniority not full time seniority date

Tanktoptony

Obviously this is not the case in every supplement because that’s exactly what I’ve seen happen guys with 10 other 22.4 driver ahead of them were passed because the guy had a higher company seniority date and was promoted to rpcd

542thruNthru

Yeah totally different topic. Referring only to people trying to into a driving position specifically those trying to be a rpcd. A 22.4 is not the same title and promoted to rcpd is done only on company seniority not full time seniority date
In some supplementals FT get promoted first then PT. So a 22.4 with 6months FT seniority would go RPCD before a PTer with 20 years.

I'm guessing you're in the Western Region where it goes off of company seniority.

Up In Smoke

Our local still recognizes the 6-1-1 hiring rotation for part time to full time employment. Inside the pkg car classification the only job available is the 22.4. Once hired and made seniority, the 22.4 employee is asked to request a transfer into the RPCD classification. When openings occur in the RPCD classification employees will be offered the position by full time seniority. TDP is also available, but open to all qualified employees in the building by company seniority.

Cowboy Mac

So they might post a new bid annually or exhaust the entire list before posting a new one. Here they work their way down the current list until they have called everybody or all of the slots are filled.

21Savage

That's a good point. I don't
Becoming a rpcd is not dependent on you already being a 22.4. I was under the impression that I had to become a 22.4 to then be in line for a rpcd spot but this was not the case. All promotions to rpcd are based on company seniority. If you were part time and had more company seniority than a 22.4 who was just hired off the street you could be promoted to rpcd first as long as you signed the correct bid sheet.
Wrong.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
My center posted a bid sheet for 22.4 drivers back in April. Most of the part timers didn’t understand the language in the building and decided to wait for a RPCD bid to show up. Is this a loud?
Allowed.

You meant allowed.

And yes.

Yes it's allowed.

Biggups to the 224 mafia with off the street status and more seniority than pt'ers who snoozed.

On topic.

Not really helping tho.