22.4 Blowback

Is 22.4 good for RPCDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faceplanted

The members could have voted it down....
The union shouldn’t have proposed it in the first place. Thanks for looking out for us!!!!

what is the union going to propose next? Wage freeze? Paying for health care?

Your job is not to propose concessions or givebacks and try to at least keep what we have. You can’t even do that any more. What a joke.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

No.... we didn't.

Don't forget, it was TDU that was involved changing the IBT Constitution.

The union shouldn’t have proposed it in the first place. Thanks for looking out for us!!!!

what is the union going to propose next? Wage freeze? Paying for health care?

Your job is not to propose concessions or givebacks and try to at least keep what we have. You can’t even do that any more. What a joke.

The members better get off their lazy butts and get involved.

Local 623 just had an election.... with less than 25% turnout.

Who's the real problem ?

Faceplanted

No.... we didn't.

Don't forget, it was TDU that was involved changing the IBT Constitution.

The members better get off their lazy butts and get involved.

Local 623 just had an election.... with less than 25% turnout.

Who's the real problem ?
real problem is the union no longer looks out for who they represent when it comes contract time. If you told me 10 years ago the union WOULD PROPOSE GIVE BACKS i would not believe you. Here we are. Nobody cares about your meaningless elections any more, it’s every man for them selves. Exactly how you guys want it and planned.... so you can continue to enjoy your golf, nice hotels, and working closely with ups brass and playing the same side come contract talk time.

Faceplanted

I mean.... wow !
100% by design, the 22.4 was the big wedge needed to split us up, After last contract got forced down some locals mouths even after they met the stupid voting threshold.
This was All calculated.

like i said... WHATS THE POINT ANYMORE? Management leaves me alone, pays out my greviences. My local handle my stuff in a speedy manor, that’s all I personally care about more.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How many senior RPCDs will be losing Monday hours due to weekend package pull-ahead? Will UPS management find ways to exceed the 25% 22.4 building "limit?" What will post-Peak January forward look like when 22.4 fully kicks in? A whole new world for RPCDs?

My crystal ball is broke.

If I ever get it working, I'll answer your questions.

Wyoming

Faceplanted is right: 22.4 is the high-water mark for permanent 2-tier at UPS, finally to become only lower 1-tier as all of us old RPCDs bow out.

Faceplanted

Faceplanted is right: 22.4 is the high-water mark for permanent 2-tier at UPS, finally to become only lower 1-tier as all of us old RPCDs bow out.
It’s a done deal. Ups will push next contract for a higher %

wait...... the teamsters will probably push for a higher percentage next contract. This clown world is funny.

Wyoming

It is strange that the IBT negotiators allegedly suggested 22.4 in the first place...apparently in a bid to take weekend work pressure off the RPCDs?

Faceplanted

Ya makes sense. Pay people less to work weekends, give them no 9-5 protection. Sounds like a recipe to split up the full timers who are the only ones who basically vote.

feeders has been running 7 days for years. If they can make it work with regular full time employees there is no reason this couldn’t in package.