Blackadder 2

It’s crazy. A few drivers brought it up that it wasn’t even ratified yet and he said “I can’t deny that, but we’ve gotten permission from the local to go ahead and proceed in with this. There’s just a few minor adjustments to me made, but 22.4 drivers were a sticking point of this contract on the company’s side AND the unions side. I know there are some upset union employees but this decision came from way above me head”

How many new trucks is your building buying?

Blackadder 2

So today at PCM our Center Manager said he had a surprise for us. About 30 seconds later about 15 guys dressed in browns walked into where we were standing at PCM and our center manager said these new guys are the new 22.4 drivers and they will be treated with the utmost respect and if anything other than that was reported to him actions would be taken. He then rattled off a list of names (all senior drivers on the 9.5 list) and had these guys ride with the drivers to start to learn the area. He then said another slew of these 22.4 drivers would be coming in next week. He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day. Apparently the only OT we’ll be seeing will be in peak season. Sad days ahead indeed.

Besides not having enough cars to get us back to the building, the really brilliant part of this would be why would I even care about going at any pace if I am leaving at 8 hours and some other knucklehead is going to finish my route.

Heavy Package

Your 22.4 relief driver is here! Hurry back to the hub.

Abney_eBike_Pedaling.jpg.600x315_q90_crop-smart.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day.

And how is this supposed to happen when they are limited to 25% 22.4 drivers?

That is 1 for every 4 drivers, in case you or your center manager aren't very good at math.

So they can only meet 1 out of every 4 drivers to eliminate their OT.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And how is this supposed to happen when they are limited to 25% 22.4 drivers?

That is 1 for every 4 drivers, in case you or your center manager aren't very good at math.

So they can only meet 1 out of every 4 drivers to eliminate their OT.
They are going to find out real fast that they will have some flexibility but they will be paying for it...big time

Daf

It’s crazy. A few drivers brought it up that it wasn’t even ratified yet and he said “I can’t deny that, but we’ve gotten permission from the local to go ahead and proceed in with this. There’s just a few minor adjustments to me made, but 22.4 drivers were a sticking point of this contract on the company’s side AND the unions side. I know there are some upset union employees but this decision came from way above me head”
Problem with your story....
They need to hang bids for these positions