22.4 in 2020

Over70irregs

Every center has an agreed amount of RPCD drivers. That number can not be lowered.
But the company can have 25% of the drivers be 22.4 drivers. So basically it's another give back with a 10 years progression for the new drivers.

Best contract ever.
So a 22.4 who drives for say 2-3 years gets no “time served” and has to do another full progression as a RPCD?

Whither

Scofflaw
Great question. All of our unsigned cover drivers are were RPCD. Are they still counted as such? Or after they win a bid route are they replaced with a 22.4?

Per Art 22.4(b).1 it would all depend on whether those are considered "protected jobs". This section reads to me as if the company has considerable latitude to replace unassigned RPCDs who win a bid route with 22.4s. E.g., in context of the 3 paragraphs I cited, I read the language re: us T-S RPCDs who are "red-circled by name" to mean all of our positions are fair game for 22.4 replacement.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
glad you're doing your part as an active teamster member.

it may get worse once 7 day operations start... it's a circus on the weekends at FXG

Tom Jefferson

Quick question. I just passed Menlo Park integrad and now I’m hearing about this 22.4 BS. “All new drivers are going to be 22.4” my question would be, do I have to take it? I’d rather be cover.

Tom Jefferson

Would you rather be part time or full time?
Full time however, every cover driver I’ve ever saw has never returned to the warehouse. I know PT’s that pulled 80k where I’m at. I feel like I’ll be :censored2:ed taking 22.4 in a long run, which is why I’m trying to educate myself on it before making the decision. The pay is like a 5$ starting difference and I’ll never be able to make that 37$ it sounds like

Full time however, every cover driver I’ve ever saw has never returned to the warehouse. I know PT’s that pulled 80k where I’m at. I feel like I’ll be :censored2:ed taking 22.4 in a long run, which is why I’m trying to educate myself on it before making the decision. The pay is like a 5$ starting difference and I’ll never be able to make that 37$ it sounds like
22.4 is the only way to get in as a RPCD

542thruNthru

I'm guessing you're in the west since you went to Menlo Park. What local are you?

542thruNthru

Quick question. I just passed Menlo Park integrad and now I’m hearing about this 22.4 BS. “All new drivers are going to be 22.4” my question would be, do I have to take it? I’d rather be cover.

You're under the same rider as I am. You do not have to take the 22.4 to become a RPCD but if they are not hiring cover drivers then you be disqualifying yourself and have to do it all over again later.

If I were you I would take the 22.4 position. Its FT and you'll make more than a cover driver in the long run. Plus you'll get a FT pension contribution.

Cover drivers are working now but as your building gets up to staff with 22.4s and the utility bid ratios, cover drivers will be going back into the building and only covering for vacations, disability, work comp and peak.

Cover drivers top out after 6 months at 75% of top rate. As a 22.4 you'll make more than that. Not starting of course but in the long run you will.

It's up to you but I would take the 22.4 position.

Tom Jefferson

You're under the same rider as I am. You do not have to take the 22.4 to become a RPCD but if they are not hiring cover drivers then you be disqualifying yourself and have to do it all over again later.

If I were you I would take the 22.4 position. Its FT and you'll make more than a cover driver in the long run. Plus you'll get a FT pension contribution.

Cover drivers are working now but as your building gets up to staff with 22.4s and the utility bid ratios, cover drivers will be going back into the building and only covering for vacations, disability, work comp and peak.

Cover drivers top out after 6 months at 75% of top rate. As a 22.4 you'll make more than that. Not starting of course but in the long run you will.

It's up to you but I would take the 22.4 position.
Good knowledge. I damn sure won’t be re-doing anything. They haven’t asked me yet but I guess that I will be taking 22.4. I figured that cover drivers were only going to last but so long after this point forward. Wonder how long it’ll take me to become a FT RPCD.

542thruNthru

Good knowledge. I damn sure won’t be re-doing anything. They haven’t asked me yet but I guess that I will be taking 22.4. I figured that cover drivers were only going to last but so long after this point forward. Wonder how long it’ll take me to become a FT RPCD.

Try asking HR. They can give you a ball park answer.l but if you really want to know. Find the lowest seniority RPCD in your center and ask him/her how long they had to wait.

542thruNthru

And find out what percentage of 22.4 drivers that they have. Unless one retires their isn't going to be a RPCD Job untill they hit 25%

We have what is called utility bid ratios. As the number of routes go up in a center the number of utility RPCDs goes up. We are currently taking it to Arbitration because the company is saying 22.4s counts toward that ratio. If they win you'll be correct but our chances look very good that they will not win and RPCDs will continue to be hired as the centers grow.

We have what is called utility bid ratios. As the number of routes go up in a center the number of utility RPCDs goes up. We are currently taking it to Arbitration because the company is saying 22.4s counts toward that ratio. If they win you'll be correct but our chances look very good that they will not win and RPCDs will continue to be hired as the centers grow.
You know they love to play cut a route and make it a different name .....