22.4 in 2020

PT Car Washer

We have never had part time covers here.
The only people who drive part time are air drivers.

22.4s and RPCD can be filled in for by full time cover or cut drivers...whatever you want to call them.

So someone please enlighten me...

Does the new contract allow them to replace existing full time RPCD who do not have an assigned route with 22.4s?

In other words when a full time RPCD who does not have his own route (full time vacation/cover/cut driver) signs a bid route or retires, can they replace him with a 22.4?

We have permanent bid routes and no part time covers.
Great question. All of our unsigned cover drivers are were RPCD. Are they still counted as such? Or after they win a bid route are they replaced with a 22.4?

Overpaid Union Thug

Great question. All of our unsigned cover drivers are were RPCD. Are they still counted as such? Or after they win a bid route are they replaced with a 22.4?
When I asked our center manager about how TCDs (part time cover drivers) will be used (scheduled) once we have Tuesday-Saturday routes he said the 22.4s will be utilized more on Saturdays. I just scratched my head and laughed. I don’t think corporate (or the union for that matter) have really thought this whole thing through.

Shift 2

22.4 position can’t replace rpcd position. If a rpcd position opens another full timer such as a 22.4 or 22.3 can fill the position in full time seniority order not classification , then it goes to part timers.

Shift 2

Yep. We need to get rid of them. There’s really no need.
So of them want to be part time. The reasons I hear are they don’t want to be forced to work everyday. It’s not the brightest idea but it’s not my business lol. As a ft driver you can take a lay off and let management force a pt cover driver on the route so it’s kinda pointless to be pt.

SLW

I certainly hope so. I don't understand why my pay should be cut by almost 25% when I'm literally doing the same job and routes.

PT Car Washer

I certainly hope so. I don't understand why my pay should be cut by almost 25% when I'm literally doing the same job and routes.
Because the contract says so. Just like a PT guy making $14/hr working right next to another PT guy making $37/hr. Or a 22.3 complaining because a PT guy makes more then he does.

I was told that any reg temp they bid in a 22.4 job that his pay would be red circled and wouldn't get another raise until the 22.4 progression rate passes what they are currently making.

SLW

I was told that any reg temp they bid in a 22.4 job that his pay would be red circled and wouldn't get another raise until the 22.4 progression rate passes what they are currently making.
This is what happens to Reg-Temp to RPCDs in my center. I don't see how it would be different than Reg-Temp to 22.4s.

SLW

Because the contract says so. Just like a PT guy making $14/hr working right next to another PT guy making $37/hr. Or a 22.3 complaining because a PT guy makes more then he does.
Well I understand that, and it's OK if the guy next to me is making more than me. What's happening here, though, is that I come in one day and do my route for $27/hr, then come in the next and do the exact same thing and my pay has dropped to $21/hr.

PizzaToUps

Well I understand that, and it's OK if the guy next to me is making more than me. What's happening here, though, is that I come in one day and do my route for $27/hr, then come in the next and do the exact same thing and my pay has dropped to $21/hr.

If you were a cover driver before going 22.4, you should be red circled at your cover rate. Get it fixed

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20200127-112826_Adobe Acrobat.jpg