22.4 in 2020

PT Car Washer

We have a full set of 22.4s here. They all do tue - sat but every day but Sat they are the lowest bid for cover routes below all the normal cover guys. They work preload a lot. They really just appear to be better paid TCDs to me, who always get a full day on Saturday.

Mondays suck butt now. They send me out with so many commercial stops from the routes they cut and a lot of bid guys end up covering some rando route they've never done.

The one real effect I've had is Mondays are almost always now 8.5 hour days and I have to get a runner guy to come help me with commercials once a month.
How did the 22.4 effect your air drivers? Both PT and 22.3? How do they get 8 hours in working preload?

KoennenTiger

How did the 22.4 effect your air drivers? Both PT and 22.3? How do they get 8 hours in working preload?

I have no idea how many hours they get during preload just that I've heard one of them ask the ORS if he should just come in to preload. They are all pretty new and our stewards here are weak now that the good one retired so I doubt anybody has told them their contractual rights.

Hasn't affected our air drivers at all. Except that we badly need another air driver or two and instead they give that work to cover guys or whoever is there. I could ask around I guess I still don't know any of the 22.4 guys names.

PT Car Washer

I have no idea how many hours they get during preload just that I've heard one of them ask the ORS if he should just come in to preload. They are all pretty new and our stewards here are weak now that the good one retired so I doubt anybody has told them their contractual rights.

Hasn't affected our air drivers at all. Except that we badly need another air driver or two and instead they give that work to cover guys or whoever is there. I could ask around I guess I still don't know any of the 22.4 guys names.
I guess I have been assuming when there is no work, 22.4 will be used as preload/air drivers to get their 8. Is really going to hurt a lot of PT who depend on the extra work driving air in the AM.

Wyoming

Say what you want about seasonals, I really kinda feel bad for them. They get promised the world by HR to get hired on. Then they are abused viciously for several weeks while holding on to the belief that they are going to be the next FT driver hired.

December 24th, they are told how wonderful they are and kept out till whenever. December 26th rolls around, and the rental vehicles they were driving are gone and off the premises, the mail slots with their names that held their call tags and checks, are now blank and nothing fills the empty void of what used to be their own personal little slot. The schedule that somehow fit all the routes and start times for these seasonals are now magically corrected to bear no mention of who these people were, or are, or that they even existed in the world of UPS.

For the new year, I want to be a better person. I'm going to start by saying sorry one seasonal at a time.

Sorry, unknown seasonal dude with the high pitched voice in that S*y long U-Haul that offered me a McGriddle that one day we passed in the parking lot.

Well written, Scooby

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
It’s happened a couple times where my ORS sends me a 22.4 with an empty truck around 11am to take 50 stops.

I’ll gladly hand over the stops and go home after 8 hours, though I know some drivers who love their OT just don’t show up to the meet point.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It’s happened a couple times where my ORS sends me a 22.4 with an empty truck around 11am to take 50 stops.

I’ll gladly hand over the stops and go home after 8 hours, though I know some drivers who love their OT just don’t show up to the meet point.

This happened to me on Friday but I didn't even realize it. I had 150 stops, and an on road came up to me and said she was aware that I had more stops than usual and she was sending an driver (whose name I didn't recognize even though I know every driver in my center) to take stops.

But I had came in 30 minutes early (on the clock of course) to arrange my load and saw that the day actually wasn't that bad. Told the sup I didn't need the help.

Reading your post now I hope I didn't screw that driver out of working for the day. I could have easily given the stops and had them give me the guaranteed 8. Instead I clocked out at around 9.5 on the dot.

Heavy Package

I'm working today. Air only S* Show and holiday pay plus OT all day=$750 easy money. Days like today are where I really stick it to UPS and ring the register / 401k.