22.4 positions

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ah hell, ok. Bastards did not award any bids for the past 9 months. Guess it will be fun to be part of quite a large pool of new hires. Means they won't have the time to be anal about everything.
If you signed a FT bid already, (here) the bids here all come with a stamped start/move date and the company has 45 days iirc, from that date, to move you into the bid and begin. I am saying that even if there is a free period (oct.-Jan 15th), your bid sheet date trumps if they hold you out until the free period.
Now that is supplemental so ymmv

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
My take on this:

RPCD Utility/Cover Full time whatever you want to call it is what 22.4s are supposed to replace. So you 22.4s getting promoted quickly to RPCD and getting a route should be thanking the badass mother RPCDs that aren't bidding on routes. Centers have to promote to fill the routes. If all of the remaining RPCD bid on routes the 22.4s would just be stuck there until someone retires or goes to feeder.

My take on this:

RPCD Utility/Cover Full time whatever you want to call it is what 22.4s are supposed to replace. So you 22.4s getting promoted quickly to RPCD and getting a route should be thanking the badass mother RPCDs that aren't bidding on routes. Centers have to promote to fill the routes. If all of the remaining RPCD bid on routes the 22.4s would just be stuck there until someone retires or goes to feeder.
A RPCD would not bid a 22.4 route.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Naw I'm not saying that. I only mean 22.4s being promoted to RPCD not the other way around. That would be ridiculous lol.

Mr. Marshall

In our building the center manager told me that the lowest 20 drivers would be 22.4's and you would automatically graduate to a rpcd when you moved into the top 200. It doesn't seem quite right contractually but sort of fair.

Rack em

Made the Podium
In our building the center manager told me that the lowest 20 drivers would be 22.4's and you would automatically graduate to a rpcd when you moved into the top 200. It doesn't seem quite right contractually but sort of fair.
Not contractually right at all. Your center manager is talking out of his ass and hoping those young drivers are dumb enough to believe him.

542thruNthru

What!?!?

If you are a RPCD they can't change you to a 22.4 at will. The misinformation about this position is absolutely bat :censored2: crazy!

Blazian81

Heard we had a class of 6 for 22.4 drivers here in Charlotte, and when they heard that they was working all weekends, and getting paid less they all quite the class, from what i was told from a fellow driver. smh

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

What's that new super Amazon building gonna do for your feeders. They gonna add a bunch?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am starting a packet for 22.4.
Here is a fun thing you can do: Go on google maps and look at all the terrible personal vehicle parking jobs at your local intergrad building. I'm just going to nose in :censored2: the establishment!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Steward is investigating some of my other bids to see if they can't find a way to get me into a regular driver position. The Seniority gap is odd but I am only dovetailed to the regular list as it was signed late.

clean hairy

Yeah, that too. I just get tired of "well xxxxx did xxx stops th 8.5 hours...blah blah blah" just not interested in it.
Try pulling that on Shaq when he was playing.
"Shaq, everyone else can make 60% free throws, why are you so lazy you don't do it?"
Imagine what would have happened to a team mate who might have said that to him!
As if Shaq could make 4 out 10 free throws for $1 mil.

bigmistake

In my building grievances flew this week. Most were for not honoring seniority and past practice. They're using the list the list posted in January for those looking for RCPD positions. The 22-4 positions didn't exist in January, how can they hire off that list. Also, they're not hybrid. The company intends to use them to fulfill routes. Total BS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my building grievances flew this week. Most were for not honoring seniority and past practice. They're using the list the list posted in January for those looking for RCPD positions. The 22-4 positions didn't exist in January, how can they hire off that list. Also, they're not hybrid. The company intends to use them to fulfill routes. Total BS.
The union admitted there was nothing to hold the company to it being a hybrid position. It’s a ft driver with no OT protection for cheaper

Last edited: