22.4 positions

Upsbc251

So my theory was right that UPS was simply coming up with a lesser paid driver, or essentially rolling back the driver pay rate 20 years while eagerly awaiting the heart attacks of the aging full-time drivers. I hope you remember this every time Hoffa sends one of those fake tabloids showing how popular he is.
Started bringing on cover drivers now along with 22.4......

35years

Gravy route
They are letting the new drivers go who worked 30 days during the summer here. If they work one day past Labor day those 30 days count for probation.

So we are short drivers but they wont commit to hiring permanent drivers. Begging regular drivers to work vacation.

Great plan going into peak with a national labor shortage.

Why does this seem so familiar?

35years

Gravy route
CBS reports trucking jobs are facing the greatest shortage of workers....

These are the industries with the biggest labor shortages
Here are the occupations that have rebounded the fastest.

Trucking
Walmart's recent bid to raise its truckers' pay to nearly $90,000 apiece demonstrates the ongoing demand for this job in a transport-hungry economy.

Truck drivers have seen some of the fastest wage growth in the past year. Their pay has increased 7 percent since last year, according to the hiring site Glassdoor—more than three times the rate of the workforce as a whole.

Did we get 7 %????

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Walmart's recent bid to raise its truckers' pay to nearly $90,000 apiece demonstrates the ongoing demand for this job in a transport-hungry economy.

Did we get 7 %????

Comparing Walmart to UPS.... is like apples to oranges.

To earn $87,500 a year, that's working an average of 5.5 days a week.

Have you ever seen a Walmart driver in a day cab ?

They are all over-the-road jobs with 2 days off per week.

UPS sleeper teams can make way more than that, with better benefits and

a defined pension plan.

Walmart Trucking Payscale

UnconTROLLed

perfection
CBS reports trucking jobs are facing the greatest shortage of workers....

These are the industries with the biggest labor shortages
Here are the occupations that have rebounded the fastest.

Trucking

Truck drivers have seen some of the fastest wage growth in the past year. Their pay has increased 7 percent since last year, according to the hiring site Glassdoor—more than three times the rate of the workforce as a whole.

Did we get 7 %????
Yeah, plus it's non-union (Teamsters anyway)so no extra bs; painstaking bureaucracies, monthly dues, etc. to deal with. It's a win-win.

35years

Gravy route
Comparing Walmart to UPS.... is like apples to oranges.

To earn $87,500 a year, that's working an average of 5.5 days a week.

Have you ever seen a Walmart driver in a day cab ?

They are all over-the-road jobs with 2 days off per week.

UPS sleeper teams can make way more than that, with better benefits and

a defined pension plan.

Walmart Trucking Payscale

The 7% increase figure was for truckers as a whole, not just Walmart.

So I guess what you are saying is that we UPS truckers should be happy with our 2% raise per year as compared to 7% for the entire rest of the sector.

And not only that but a 15% pay cut for new drivers (22.4s).

Negotiated during a driver shortage.

Got it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your anti-union BS is just that...BS, management troll.

We got a substandard deal this time around but non-union shops are terrible.
Anti-union, no. Try reading again,

And non-union shops aren't "terrible" necessarily. In fact a non-union shop must keep worker morale high enough to keep unions out. ...

Do unionized companies , and the union itself, generally care about your job satisfaction and quality of life? Lolz

Read the comments on BC at all? read hear and see the ridiculous stuff UPS and the IBT routinely does and gets away with.

Last edited:

Johnny123456789

I just finished my 30 days for 22.4, got seniority last Wednesday....how long until I can put my name for feeders or RPCD??

I'm betting it will be a good 5 years or so for you to move up. Ups has no incentive to hurry up. They're getting drivers for cheap. I'm fact, with a recession looming and Amazon getting bigger, I won't be surprised if you would be a 22.4 even longer.