22.4 positions

Trailer monkey

A few 20 year plus part timers who just went driving were classified as 22.4. They are not paying them their higher PT wage, even though it dose states in the contract they are to be pay the higher wage. When they asked the local business agent he said its "complicated" what ever that means. They are filling grievances and going back PT so they will not be locked in after 30 days of driving. They are now pulling the same thing on inside workers who are doing driver helper right now. They are paying them 22.4 wage instead the off season helper wage. It's sad when the local can not give you a straight answer.
The 22.4 rate should be higher the helper rate, at least it is in my area

Staydryitsraining

I just read through all these pages. It really seems like the same person is on multiple accounts. A 22.4 cant drive unless every rcpd is on road or vacation. Unless your center was running low on drivers to begin with it's very unlikely a 22.4 will drive unless its summer (vacations) or peak when routes are added. My center has almost 100 drivers and only runs around 80 routes a day. Alot of the last round of rcpd hiring still arent even driving, meaning these 22.4s probably wont hit the road for a while. Now unless your in one of those make believe places where everything that can be :censored2:ed is :censored2:ed the sky isnt falling. If a building or area is growing so will rcpd routes. In order to hire more 22.4s more rcpd routes have to be added. I'm willing to bet most of the sky is falling comments are comming from guys who really have no clue what's actually going on and more I heard some :censored2: and I'm going to regurgitate it. I just dont see 22.4s driving every week except the weekends besides summer and peak. But that's just my two rational cents.

542thruNthru

I just read through all these pages. It really seems like the same person is on multiple accounts. A 22.4 cant drive unless every rcpd is on road or vacation. Unless your center was running low on drivers to begin with it's very unlikely a 22.4 will drive unless its summer (vacations) or peak when routes are added. My center has almost 100 drivers and only runs around 80 routes a day. Alot of the last round of rcpd hiring still arent even driving, meaning these 22.4s probably wont hit the road for a while. Now unless your in one of those make believe places where everything that can be :censored2:ed is :censored2:ed the sky isnt falling. If a building or area is growing so will rcpd routes. In order to hire more 22.4s more rcpd routes have to be added. I'm willing to bet most of the sky is falling comments are comming from guys who really have no clue what's actually going on and more I heard some :censored2: and I'm going to regurgitate it. I just dont see 22.4s driving every week except the weekends besides summer and peak. But that's just my two rational cents.

I hope @browned out doesn't read this. :)

Also we have 22.4s working everyday. Though we are a different type of area.

Staydryitsraining

I hope @browned out doesn't read this. :)

Also we have 22.4s working everyday. Though we are a different type of area.
I'm in one of the most fastest growing parts of the country. They dont run lean here either. If your routes to rcpd number is close than the 22.4s will be on road outside of vacations and peak. Our center manager said it's one of the dumbest things the company has ever done. But who knows time will tell. If I had to guess the company will kill the 22.4 next contract. There also is no 6 to 1 spot for outside hire on 22.4s at least here.

542thruNthru

I'm in one of the most fastest growing parts of the country. They dont run lean here either. If your routes to rcpd number is close than the 22.4s will be on road outside of vacations and peak. Our center manager said it's one of the dumbest things the company has ever done. But who knows time will tell. If I had to guess the company will kill the 22.4 next contract. There also is no 6 to 1 spot for outside hire on 22.4s at least here.

You have in your supplmental language that the company can not hire 22.4s off the street? Mind if I ask what region/supplment you're under?

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

You have in your supplmental language that the company can not hire 22.4s off the street? Might if I ask what region/supplment you're under?
A supervisor waiting to go driving told me that ups isnt letting supervisors take 22.4 jobs. Outside hires yes but when they put the list up it was 7 pages filled

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Who.... is forcing anyone.... to bid a 22.4 job ?

The union is, is that not a prerequisite to bidding a RPCD job? We all know a RPCD job will never make it to part-time employees as long as 22.4 drivers are working in that building.

Part-time employees had their potential career paths completely changed with the unions blessings. I'm sure there were thousands of Teamsters waiting for their chance to become RPCD's, the Teamsters negotiated better 4 year progression wages, but that was a moot point because they are forcing most of these employees to take a lessor bid to be eligible to bid for the top pay positions.

The Teamsters leadership could have a least had the decency to implement their two tiered wages like the UAW did. They only screwed over new employees, not their current membership.

clipperman

The union is, is that not a prerequisite to bidding a RPCD job? We all know a RPCD job will never make it to part-time employees as long as 22.4 drivers are working in that building.

Part-time employees had their potential career paths completely changed with the unions blessings. I'm sure there were thousands of Teamsters waiting for their chance to become RPCD's, the Teamsters negotiated better 4 year progression wages, but that was a moot point because they are forcing most of these employees to take a lessor bid to be eligible to bid for the top pay positions.

The Teamsters leadership could have a least had the decency to implement their two tiered wages like the UAW did. They only screwed over new employees, not their current membership.
This doesn’t seem right,a 15 year PT employee here would be able to bid on an RPCD opening and be awarded the bid over a 10 year 22.4 because of center seniority,no? Unless previous delivery experience is now a prerequisite to bid an RPCD position