22.4 positions

22.34life

We got 22.3 in my building,quite a few of them.no high senority part timers want them but some newer guys took them.hard to convince old part timers to take these jobs.didnt take the company long to violate either,already forcing full time drivers home to work 22.4.

542thruNthru

We got 22.3 in my building,quite a few of them.no high senority part timers want them but some newer guys took them.hard to convince old part timers to take these jobs.didnt take the company long to violate either,already forcing full time drivers home to work 22.4.

Are the RPCDs filing?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The union will fix this issue asap

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't think the language actually supports that. Plus RPCD's can't be laid off or displaced from classification when 22.4's are working.
The language says 22.4 drivers are guaranteed 5 straight days, either Tues-Sat or Wed-Sun, at least 8 hours per day. They do in fact get a 40 hour guarantee. Then when the 22.4 drivers are working Sat and Sun delivering volume that is usually delivered on Monday, routes will get cut Monday which is the 22.4's day off. So work isn't available for all the RPCD's but it doesn't matter because they don't get the same 40 hour guarantee that 22.4s get, so Ups can lay RPCD's off on Monday since no 22.4 drivers are working that day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The language says 22.4 drivers are guaranteed 5 straight days, either Tues-Sat or Wed-Sun, at least 8 hours per day. They do in fact get a 40 hour guarantee. Then when the 22.4 drivers are working Sat and Sun delivering volume that is usually delivered on Monday, routes will get cut Monday which is the 22.4's day off. So work isn't available for all the RPCD's but it doesn't matter because they don't get the same 40 hour guarantee that 22.4s get, so Ups can lay RPCD's off on Monday since no 22.4 drivers are working that day.

I agree that the Monday thing is a possibility.
I used to think the same about the 40 hour guarantee. Here is the language.

"All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) con- secutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as sched- uled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a fve (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."

The only thing guaranteed is 8 hrs when showing up as scheduled. It says they will be scheduled 5 consecutive days, but it is not guaranteed they will work every day. That only establishes they will have a set schedule, just like all RPCD's will have a set schedule of mon-fri, but work will still be assigned according to seniority. The 5 consecutive days is to prevent the company from scheduling them with split weekends.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I’m in NorCal where we are allowed to transfer anywhere that is covered by our supplement.

Traffic is gnarly in the Bay Area and I requested a transfer that would have been on the reverse commute. I was willing to give up my nice route and building seniority to do it.

What I didn’t realize (and I should have) was that I would have to take a 22.4 job in my new center. My pay rate would be red circled.

I turned it down flat, and it looks like the 22.4 will put an effective end to NorCal transfers because I don’t know who in their right mind would give up being an RPCD for a 22.4

Staydryitsraining

I’m in NorCal where we are allowed to transfer anywhere that is covered by our supplement.

Traffic is gnarly in the Bay Area and I requested a transfer that would have been on the reverse commute. I was willing to give up my nice route and building seniority to do it.

What I didn’t realize (and I should have) was that I would have to take a 22.4 job in my new center. My pay rate would be red circled.

I turned it down flat, and it looks like the 22.4 will put an effective end to NorCal transfers because I don’t know who in their right mind would give up being an RPCD for a 22.4
Somewhere there is already too many rcpds so 22.4s got it easy.

Air Recovery

This. This so much. This is what alot of people did not see coming. I was shouting this all during contract negotiations and was told "no that cant be" but this is their exact strategy

Air Recovery

Which norcal hub are you in? And yeah i cant imagine anyone willingly throwing their weekends away