Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lets here some proposals on how to compete with the postoffice paying $15 an hour to casuals on Sundays. DHL has new Sunday language and these drivers will tip out at around $30 an hour. The Fed Ex that delivers on Sundays is around $14 to $18 an hour. This and Jeff Bezos wants to take over not only the world but the package delivery business. We have had Saturday and Sunday language in most of our Supplements and the Master for sure. Out in the West there are Drivers, and employees who, if you started before a certain date you are grandfathered out of the weekends. This is the issue though. How much do you want UPS to make a year in profit? What is acceptable? Should they make 5 billion or 300 million with the rest going into the members pockets. Whats the happy medium? All this and what do you do with this ever changing world of satisfaction NOW, " I need my delivery every day of the week" that our competition is accommodating. So lets discuss your ideas. A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...
Oh brother, you're really gonna defend this crap? And talk about profit lol. They're profitable delivering 5 days a week paying this wage, no reason they can't be profitable 7 days a week at the same wage.

I've got no problem with Saturday and Sunday work. Paying them less is a deal breaker. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to support paying people less to work days no one wants to work. Hell, if anything they should be paid more for working weekends.

542thruNthru

Oh brother, you're really gonna defend this crap? And talk about profit lol. They're profitable delivering 5 days a week paying this wage, no reason they can't be profitable 7 days a week at the same wage.

I've got no problem with Saturday and Sunday work. Paying them less is a deal breaker. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to support paying people less to work days no one wants to work. Hell, if anything they should be paid more for working weekends.

Looks like it's already begun. Every contract year we get the same kind of crap. Someone on here defending the concessions with comparing us to other companies.

I don't care what FedEx or Amazon does. They want weekend drivers they need to hire more fulltime drivers and pay them fulltime wages. Anything else or less is a concession and if you are defending them you are part of the problem.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lets here some proposals on how to compete with the postoffice paying $15 an hour to casuals on Sundays. DHL has new Sunday language and these drivers will tip out at around $30 an hour. The Fed Ex that delivers on Sundays is around $14 to $18 an hour. This and Jeff Bezos wants to take over not only the world but the package delivery business. We have had Saturday and Sunday language in most of our Supplements and the Master for sure. Out in the West there are Drivers, and employees who, if you started before a certain date you are grandfathered out of the weekends. This is the issue though. How much do you want UPS to make a year in profit? What is acceptable? Should they make 5 billion or 300 million with the rest going into the members pockets. Whats the happy medium? All this and what do you do with this ever changing world of satisfaction NOW, " I need my delivery every day of the week" that our competition is accommodating. So lets discuss your ideas. A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...
I completely understand we are going to have to offer weekend delivery very soon.

Have full time drivers deliver them. All jobs won't be m-friend anymore but it's not that hard.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
“Teamsters”

wide load

I wasn’t offered to be on the committee because others feel they are smarter. If Taylor thinks he is going to create a lower class group of drivers, he’s done. Obviously Hoffa’s scape goat. He must have been promised something.

km3

They're scaling back Saturday operations in my building because they aren't making any money. Maybe Sunday will be necessary at some point, but I'm not sure that point is now.

Either way, what intrigues me is why they think this will attract people to do the work. That's the issue, isn't it? Regular drivers don't want to work weekends? So if regular drivers don't want to drive for $37+ on weekends, why would someone want to do it for a lower pay rate? How does that make any sense? If anything, there should be a $1-$2 per hour premium.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I wasn’t offered to be on the committee because others feel they are smarter. If Taylor thinks he is going to create a lower class group of drivers, he’s done. Obviously Hoffa’s scape goat. He must have been promised something.
I hope this position is limited to weekends only if they force it upon us. But if it applies to the whole work week then we are royally :censored2:ed.

wide load

I hope this position is limited to weekends only if they force it upon us. But if it applies to the whole work week then we are royally :censored2:ed.
This is Pandora’s box. Our administration is too dumb to see what’s coming. But they don’t care because they will lose their jobs in 2.5 years.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well from the sounds of it, "we don't have a choice" so our :censored2: leaders will try their best to force this crap on us and I'm sure half of the people who even vote won't realize the severity this language.

bowhnterdon

This is Pandora’s box. Our administration is too dumb to see what’s coming. But they don’t care because they will lose their jobs in 2.5 years.
They most certainly will be losing their jobs. Hybrid driving position will be used and abused. As drivers leave, retire etc they be replaced by hybrid. Oh I am sure the contract will have language to prevent that from happening. It will be ignored. I know the UAW did this 2 tier to save a dying industry. Ups is thriving and the major player in a booming industry. I do not get it.....

They most certainly will be losing their jobs. Hybrid driving position will be used and abused. As drivers leave, retire etc they be replaced by hybrid. Oh I am sure the contract will have language to prevent that from happening. It will be ignored. I know the UAW did this 2 tier to save a dying industry. Ups is thriving and the major player in a booming industry. I do not get it.....
Gotta get the members to vote no if that's what they want to try to shove up our...

wide load

Gotta get the members to vote no if that's what they want to try to shove up our...
What if the hybrid is the illusion? It’s such an obvious scam. What aren’t we keeping our attention on. I keep thinking this is the “slight of hand” moment. Focus on the hybrid issue so you don’t see this other thing that we’re cramming up your cake hole.