Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

542thruNthru

I heard from a driver friend that 22.4 will replace Part-Time cover drivers. I heard the same from my Local leader who is on the negotiating committee.

You in my local? I just heard the same thing this morning. Cover drivers will be forced to be 22.4 or go back to the building and load pt.

Brisket

Can't change start times by more than an hour here but I hear you, they could have a 4-noon and noon-8pm shift and share a package car.

Preload and then maybe all the air for a few areas that's off trace for the regular drivers then a bulk stop or 2. Second guy runs 8 hrs of resis.

This seems like a winner for UPS.

The one and only thing that would throw a monkey wrench into this is the inevitable winter weather and the initial ‘off by noon’ will keep the drivers waiting easily an hour or longer and we all know what will happen then, they will either be out till midnight or EC.

Last edited:

DR7

I believe the 22.4 will pass but I don’t agree with it. Your poll question is worded weird.

If there are these hybrid drivers, we need much stronger 9.5 language. There is no reason for someone who doesn’t want to go over 9.5 to ever work over. Much less the two twelve angle shoot they do now. Maliciously compliant....and they had the nerve of calling me that when I ran 100% on Orion the day after my shadow ride.