Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

542thruNthru

What if the hybrid is the illusion? It’s such an obvious scam. What aren’t we keeping our attention on. I keep thinking this is the “slight of hand” moment. Focus on the hybrid issue so you don’t see this other thing that we’re cramming up your cake hole.

We thought the same thing with healthcare but we were wrong. They still shoved it up our cake hole.

I don't think they hide anything anymore. They just gives us what they want and the masses say yes for their 75c increase.

What if the hybrid is the illusion? It’s such an obvious scam. What aren’t we keeping our attention on. I keep thinking this is the “slight of hand” moment. Focus on the hybrid issue so you don’t see this other thing that we’re cramming up your cake hole.
Just like the healthcare , in the last contract.
We won't pat $9 or $99. But we atist got screwed.
I think they out these crazy proposals on the table so when they get taken off, it's considered a win

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lets here some proposals on how to compete with the postoffice paying $15 an hour to casuals on Sundays. DHL has new Sunday language and these drivers will tip out at around $30 an hour. The Fed Ex that delivers on Sundays is around $14 to $18 an hour. This and Jeff Bezos wants to take over not only the world but the package delivery business. We have had Saturday and Sunday language in most of our Supplements and the Master for sure. Out in the West there are Drivers, and employees who, if you started before a certain date you are grandfathered out of the weekends. This is the issue though. How much do you want UPS to make a year in profit? What is acceptable? Should they make 5 billion or 300 million with the rest going into the members pockets. Whats the happy medium? All this and what do you do with this ever changing world of satisfaction NOW, " I need my delivery every day of the week" that our competition is accommodating. So lets discuss your ideas. A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...

Isn’t one of the reasons folks joined unions back in the day because of the 40 hour work week and weekends off

If there is a need for folks to work on Sunday so be it

But, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay

Pullman Brown

If the company has had record profits for years operating on a M-friend schedule, paying the drivers what they do, what evidence is their that those profits wouldn't continue on a seven day schedule paying the drivers equally?

If the company has had record profits for years operating on a M-friend schedule, paying the drivers what they do, what evidence is their that those profits wouldn't continue on a seven day schedule paying the drivers equally?
We don't have enough volume to justify working weekends plus you would be paying the feeders a ton of overtime to advance the loads instead of letting them come by rail

km3

We don't have enough volume to justify working weekends plus you would be paying the feeders a ton of overtime to advance the loads instead of letting them come by rail

And like I already said. They're scaling back operations on Saturday because they aren't making any money. Scaling back...and we wanna talk about adding Sunday? Wtf?

Pullman Brown

So, to not lose the big accounts, the company had no choice but to add the extra day, even though they probably would have rather not added Saturday until the volume equaled the M-friend operation?

Even that seems like it will be hard to do because most commercial accounts will be closed. And from what I have read that is where the money is made.

So, to not lose the big accounts, the company had no choice but to add the extra day, even though they probably would have rather not added Saturday until the volume equaled the M-friend operation?

Even that seems like it will be hard to do because most commercial accounts will be closed. And from what I have read that is where the money is made.
They are trying to get business from the other carriers that deliver in Saturdays. Some shillers wouldn't ship out with us on Fridays because we wouldn't deliver that package until Monday. Fedet ground would deliver that oacpack on Saturday. We now live in the day of instant gratification

Pullman Brown

They are trying to get business from the other carriers that deliver in Saturdays. Some shillers wouldn't ship out with us on Fridays because we wouldn't deliver that package until Monday. Fedet ground would deliver that oacpack on Saturday. We now live in the day of instant gratification

Any retired or current UPS treasurers on here?

km3

That's probably just future language

I understand that, but @Tony Q is presenting the issue like we're all doomed if we don't do it NOW. I don't know where this sense of urgency is coming from. Either way, Sundays are not the problem with the whole thing. Not paying top driver rate is.

Daf

Lets here some proposals on how to compete with the postoffice paying $15 an hour to casuals on Sundays. DHL has new Sunday language and these drivers will tip out at around $30 an hour. The Fed Ex that delivers on Sundays is around $14 to $18 an hour. This and Jeff Bezos wants to take over not only the world but the package delivery business. We have had Saturday and Sunday language in most of our Supplements and the Master for sure. Out in the West there are Drivers, and employees who, if you started before a certain date you are grandfathered out of the weekends. This is the issue though. How much do you want UPS to make a year in profit? What is acceptable? Should they make 5 billion or 300 million with the rest going into the members pockets. Whats the happy medium? All this and what do you do with this ever changing world of satisfaction NOW, " I need my delivery every day of the week" that our competition is accommodating. So lets discuss your ideas. A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...
Amazon. Ha! They keep threatening to leave us every year. They threaten fedex and the post office too. Everyone cowers in fear. The FACT is that they have too much volume that they need ALL of us. Maybe we should get together with fedex and the post office and present amazon with our own list of demands! We could ruin amazon if we wanted to. Not a wise choice. But we have the power.