Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Days

Just another loophole....suppose to be delivering late air to free up regular driver from backtracking and getting an extra 20 airdrops at 230.... but at least In this area besides Saturday air the regular driver is the ones getting hosed.... just ANOTHER example how the company manipulated the language to fit their needs and wants

I disagree with you on this one. They found a more productive way to get things done.

Ms.PacMan

The rumors are that the Union agreed to 25% but we do not know yet.

25% would make the math perfect.

Using the same 200 driver center as an example 25% could still cut all OT.

If we assume that the center average is 2 hrs of OT per day times 200 drivers, then we have 400 hours of OT per week. 25% would be 50 22.4 positions who could potentially drive 8 hrs per day. 50 times 8 hrs is 400 hours - all the OT.

That's a savings at first of approx. $30/hr (starting wage for 22.4 vs. OT for a driver). The difference between top rate for a 22.4 and driver OT is still $15/ hr. That center would save anywhere between $6,000 - $12,000 per week.

panther

Lets here some proposals on how to compete with the postoffice paying $15 an hour to casuals on Sundays. DHL has new Sunday language and these drivers will tip out at around $30 an hour. The Fed Ex that delivers on Sundays is around $14 to $18 an hour. This and Jeff Bezos wants to take over not only the world but the package delivery business. We have had Saturday and Sunday language in most of our Supplements and the Master for sure. Out in the West there are Drivers, and employees who, if you started before a certain date you are grandfathered out of the weekends. This is the issue though. How much do you want UPS to make a year in profit? What is acceptable? Should they make 5 billion or 300 million with the rest going into the members pockets. Whats the happy medium? All this and what do you do with this ever changing world of satisfaction NOW, " I need my delivery every day of the week" that our competition is accommodating. So lets discuss your ideas. A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...
The Post Office loses money every year. Why in the world do we want to model ourselves after them? And Fed EX Ground for that matter.

panther

What if the hybrid is the illusion? It’s such an obvious scam. What aren’t we keeping our attention on. I keep thinking this is the “slight of hand” moment. Focus on the hybrid issue so you don’t see this other thing that we’re cramming up your cake hole.
Same thing they did with healthcare last contract.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
25% would make the math perfect.

Using the same 200 driver center as an example 25% could still cut all OT.

If we assume that the center average is 2 hrs of OT per day times 200 drivers, then we have 400 hours of OT per week. 25% would be 50 22.4 positions who could potentially drive 8 hrs per day. 50 times 8 hrs is 400 hours - all the OT.

That's a savings at first of approx. $30/hr (starting wage for 22.4 vs. OT for a driver). The difference between top rate for a 22.4 and driver OT is still $15/ hr. That center would save anywhere between $6,000 - $12,000 per week.

Povided they have 50 extra package cars parked around back that run on fairy dust... Overhead for package delivery is more than just driver wages.

I think some OT will be cut but I don't see how they will cut it out completely.

born2Bwild

Most definitely overtime will be cut and this amount to a pay cut for a us. Another possibility is that if you have late pickups they will run your air along few grounds and you will be starting late. This 22.4 is very bad for us.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think some OT will be cut but I don't see how they will cut it out completely.

It's more profitable to pay overtime, than the expense of putting another driver and

truck on the road. Aside from the fuel, maintenance, and insurance of the vehicle, you have

wages and the benefits paid for another driver.

Package car drivers only getting 8 hrs ? Don't see that happening.

The company is anticipating people "opting out" of working over 9.5.

And we haven't even seen the exact language yet.... or voted on it.

So much early doom and gloom.

-Bug-

wilberforce15

The Post Office loses money every year. Why in the world do we want to model ourselves after them? And Fed EX Ground for that matter.

The USPS does not lose money every year. The loss they show on paper was artificially created when Congress made them account for their pensions and other obligations differently than every other company has to do it. They're cash-flow positive.

Ms.PacMan

Povided they have 50 extra package cars parked around back that run on fairy dust... Overhead for package delivery is more than just driver wages.

Cutting all the OT would be a savings of between $312,000 - $624,000 per year for just that one hypothetical center with 200 drivers.

We have 10 extra cars now in a 60 driver bldg.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
We do not need extra cars. Just have the 22.4 work preload and run the truck till 11:00 and bring it back. Regular driver can start at 11:30am and run till 10:00pm.

Ms.PacMan

We do not need extra cars. Just have the 22.4 work preload and run the truck till 11:00 and bring it back. Regular driver can start at 11:30am and run till 10:00pm.
Can't change start times by more than an hour here but I hear you, they could have a 4-noon and noon-8pm shift and share a package car.

Preload and then maybe all the air for a few areas that's off trace for the regular drivers then a bulk stop or 2. Second guy runs 8 hrs of resis.

This seems like a winner for UPS.

specter208

I heard from a driver friend that 22.4 will replace Part-Time cover drivers. I heard the same from my Local leader who is on the negotiating committee.

NoDept

10% hybrid drivers would be legitimate not 25%. In my center we average between 54-60 routes. They could add four hybrid drivers M-friend and two T-S

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I heard from a driver friend that 22.4 will replace Part-Time cover drivers.

Everyone's job is safe....

36243823_1024330557718039_1663507422913757184_n.jpg