Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So if they are limited to 4 hours a day driving, unless an act of God, you would still vote no.

A provision should be written that if they drive for more than, say 5 hours, in any 24 hours they get bumped to top rate driver pay. How about them?

No

Delivering packages is full time work and should be compensated as such

M

MenInBrown

What if the hybrid is the illusion? It’s such an obvious scam. What aren’t we keeping our attention on. I keep thinking this is the “slight of hand” moment. Focus on the hybrid issue so you don’t see this other thing that we’re cramming up your cake hole.

I thought the same thing considering they sent out the highlights of the contract in 3 bullet points.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
So if 100 hybrid positions could be created in a building wouldn't that mean that they would need 100 new trucks and 100 spots to park the trucks to load them? That would be a big chore

That's why hybrid will probably be preload+package. It's the only way this would work. Can't do night-sort and driving. Even driving with day/twilight will run into this problem as well. Without protections the company will abuse it. Also seniority issues like where some people are doing small sorts+air help while others are doing loading+a full route and you get forced to do the latter with more seniority due to wad etc.

Last edited:

That's why hybrid will probably be preload+package. It's the only way this would work. Can't do night-sort and driving. Even driving with day/twilight will run into this problem as well. Without protections the company will abuse it. Also seniority issues like where some people are doing small sorts+air help while others are doing loading+a full route and you get forced to do the latter with more seniority due to wad etc.
Unload/preload then deliver/prelim pick ups.

Deliver/ pick ups then local sort

542thruNthru

The language says that up to half the number of drivers can be 22.4. So 100 hybrid positions could be created in your building. The language also states that hybrid drivers can work their entire shift as drivers. It will be very easy to cut OT now.

It will be a very long time before UPS hires another ft driver.

The language you saw was the employers proposal. We do not know yet if that is the actual language.

I thought I had read 25% somewhere, which is still too high of a percentage for me. The only way I would vote Yes with the hybrid drivers in the contract would be for everything else to be positive and the cap for hybrid at 15% of total routes or less.

The rumors are that the Union agreed to 25% but we do not know yet.

Boston25

I wouldn't have a problem with 22.4 as long as they limit the scope of delivery work they would do. Deliver on weekends only at the driver rate not the 22.3 rate and 6th punch for Sunday work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No

Delivering packages is full time work and should be compensated as such
Wonder how the company will handle "qualifying". These are full time jobs that involve driving and a DOT card. Does this mean 22.4 will go to intergrad and be expected to perform at a certain level?

Brisket

The language says that up to half the number of drivers can be 22.4. So 100 hybrid positions could be created in your building. The language also states that hybrid drivers can work their entire shift as drivers. It will be very easy to cut OT now.

You are right on the money on that one.

Staydryitsraining

Do you have parts of the contract that havent been released?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I'm sorry pal, but this isn't a viable option anymore. I mean this in the most respectful way possible. You need to change with the times. Everybody else is doing it and have to keep up with the peer pressure.
There’s three delivery companies in this country that matter. UPS, FedEx and the USPS. it’s an oligopoly, and there’s plenty of money to be made. A simple gentleman’s agreement not to deliver on Sunday will keep everyone from worrying about one company getting the upper hand on the other. As for amazon, :censored2: them, :censored2: them and :censored2: them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't get me wrong, I don't want 60 at least not on the regular. But I've known since day one that the company could work me for 60 if they wanted to.
Working 60 in feeder is one thing ... working 60 in pkg car then coming in the next Monday and getting your ass chewed because you weren’t working “to the methods” and your performance sucked when it was a bricked out car the last 4 of 5 days at 95 degrees.....that is the difference...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And they get paid the least to deliver the most expensive packages. Go figure?
Just another loophole....suppose to be delivering late air to free up regular driver from backtracking and getting an extra 20 airdrops at 230.... but at least In this area besides Saturday air the regular driver is the ones getting hosed.... just ANOTHER example how the company manipulated the language to fit their needs and wants