Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just gonna assume you were shorted a couple chromosomes at birth.
You wanna go??
496183E8-D67B-4341-8D94-DDB7EB663765.gif

MAKAVELI

Yes but the discipline is the annoying part. I still take a lunch but I take it when I want. Which to be honest is usually between the 4th and 5th hour. :)
We don't get disciplined unless it's an ongoing occurrence. But when we do have a break violation we get an hour added to our time card whether we take a break or not.:happy2:

Tony Q

Amazon. Ha! They keep threatening to leave us every year. They threaten fedex and the post office too. Everyone cowers in fear. The FACT is that they have too much volume that they need ALL of us. Maybe we should get together with fedex and the post office and present amazon with our own list of demands! We could ruin amazon if we wanted to. Not a wise choice. But we have the power.
So you think Fred S would get together with UPS? Over his dead body. That would be like him welcoming in the teamsters.

Tony Q

I understand that, but @Tony Q is presenting the issue like we're all doomed if we don't do it NOW. I don't know where this sense of urgency is coming from. Either way, Sundays are not the problem with the whole thing. Not paying top driver rate is.
I don't think we are doomed at all, I just presented some questions.

Tony Q

Isn’t one of the reasons folks joined unions back in the day because of the 40 hour work week and weekends off

If there is a need for folks to work on Sunday so be it

But, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay
I agree with you 100%, but this is also the real world.

Tony Q

They're scaling back Saturday operations in my building because they aren't making any money. Maybe Sunday will be necessary at some point, but I'm not sure that point is now.

Either way, what intrigues me is why they think this will attract people to do the work. That's the issue, isn't it? Regular drivers don't want to work weekends? So if regular drivers don't want to drive for $37+ on weekends, why would someone want to do it for a lower pay rate? How does that make any sense? If anything, there should be a $1-$2 per hour premium.
Okay, I understand what you are saying, but look what everyone else is paying to work on the weekends.