Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Tony Q

I wasn’t offered to be on the committee because others feel they are smarter. If Taylor thinks he is going to create a lower class group of drivers, he’s done. Obviously Hoffa’s scape goat. He must have been promised something.
Why would they offer you to be on the committee? I think it would be good to have members on the negotiating committee, don't get me wrong, but you couldn't win your own local election. This makes zero sense. I understand that you want to attach yourself and piggy back a guy like Sean O, and I am sure he's somewhat flattered, but a spot on the committee!

Tony Q

I think its hilarious the hornets nest that I unleashed here.
As hard as you’re trying to sell it

Still be a deal breaker for me
If you look through my posts you would see that not only an I not trying to sell it, I actually think Fred, Sean, Hoffa and hall are all trying to play a game with your livelihood. I could care less how you vote on this contract. I really don't think it will affect if I eat three square meals a day. There will be good and bad in this contract. The only thing I have tried to do was give you a little between the lines. Nothing more. For all you know I could be getting all my information off of the many pages on facebook. Think about it pal.

35years

Gravy route
And like I already said. They're scaling back operations on Saturday because they aren't making any money. Scaling back...and we wanna talk about adding Sunday? Wtf?
Scaling back Saturday because...
They saw that the new contract would allow them to pay drivers less on weekends. So you scale back until you have the new cheep drivers. That way you do not have as many established routes with full scale drivers upon ratification.

There had better be severe restrictions on these new positions, and huge gains in other areas of the contract.

Since they will sell this as a way to keep M-friend drivers from having to work weekends...
Add language that NO M-friend driver will ever be forced to work any weekend day.

This is so regular drivers will not be forced into excessive OT on weekends...
So also add language that no regular driver will be forced to work over 50 hours, including peak.

A huge concession deserves corresponding concessions from the other side.

Daf

Scaling back Saturday because...
They saw that the new contract would allow them to pay drivers less on weekends. So you scale back until you have the new cheep drivers. That way you do not have as many established routes with full scale drivers upon ratification.

There had better be severe restrictions on these new positions, and huge gains in other areas of the contract.

Since they will sell this as a way to keep M-friend drivers from having to work weekends...
Add language that NO M-friend driver will ever be forced to work any weekend day.

This is so regular drivers will not be forced into excessive OT on weekends...
So also add language that no regular driver will be forced to work over 50 hours, including peak.

A huge concession deserves corresponding concessions from the other side.
Also the current number of full scale drivers must be maintained. You know the whole goal is to get rid of top rate drivers.

opie

I mentioned the lower paid hybrid drivers proposal to a 30+ year driver. He said he didn't care as long as it doesn't affect him. Though he said he loved making 100k a year. Which he would maybe never see again if 22.4 positions become reality.

Hellobrown2000

And like I already said. They're scaling back operations on Saturday because they aren't making any money. Scaling back...and we wanna talk about adding Sunday? Wtf?
Saturday's aren't scaling back, got a brain? Use it. Saturday's are on hold. They are on hold because the company knows the cheaper driver is coming.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Why would they offer you to be on the committee? I think it would be good to have members on the negotiating committee, don't get me wrong, but you couldn't win your own local election. This makes zero sense. I understand that you want to attach yourself and piggy back a guy like Sean O, and I am sure he's somewhat flattered, but a spot on the committee!
Nice jab. I’m young enough to have other elections but this will be Hoffa and Taylor’s last. As for the committee, you think some guy that drove back in 1970 is supposed to know the intricacies of what we go through on a daily basis in today’s world? That’s rich!

Isn’t Taylor technically a hybrid negotiator?

opie

What if they pay these hybrid drivers equal to a FT ground driver, and include premium pay for weekend/holiday work. Would that then make it a feasible proposal?

Chester

What if they pay these hybrid drivers equal to a FT ground driver, and include premium pay for weekend/holiday work. Would that then make it a feasible proposal?
Yea great point, or what if they’re paid lower rate to work preload or reload and top rate to drive, nobody really knows the facts yet.

Tony Q

Nice jab. I’m young enough to have other elections but this will be Hoffa and Taylor’s last. As for the committee, you think some guy that drove back in 1970 is supposed to know the intricacies of what we go through on a daily basis in today’s world? That’s rich!

Isn’t Taylor technically a hybrid negotiator?
You aren't young enough, trust me. You will never be able to beat those guys. As far as your argument about people that drove in the 1970's, I feel ya. It's an issue that I think needs to be addressed to give the committees now and in the future some respect. Actual rank and file members on a negotiating committee is the standard norm in all white paper contracts and should be with any contract. Happy fathers day to you if you are old enough to have kids, by the way.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You aren't young enough, trust me. You will never be able to beat those guys. As far as your argument about people that drove in the 1970's, I feel ya. It's an issue that I think needs to be addressed to give the committees now and in the future some respect. Actual rank and file members on a negotiating committee is the standard norm in all white paper contracts and should be with any contract. Happy fathers day to you if you are old enough to have kids, by the way.
I’m not looking to beat anyone. Some of my admiration are fine and do a good job. Others need much improvement or need to go. But I’ll alwsys help my local no matter what. I’m fully content in being a driver with a family. 43 is still young. Still have 14 years to collect a pension check so even my union thinks I’m young. That is 4 elections. I know I will not be running in the next one. But power corrupts and you never know what happens down the road. I missed too much time away from my new born lady time. And Happy Father’s Day to you.