22.4s Family time, excessive OT and physically demanding

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Oh, so one strike, whether you believe in it or not, is a justifiable reason to treat employees like :censored2:, from that point forward. The only flaw i see in your reasoning is, i have witnessed upper management, as in Division Managers, treating lower management people like dirt. The language i have heard is not acceptable, under any circumstance. Some people may tuck their tail between their legs and take it, but no one is talking to me the way i have heard management at the center level talked to. You may find that acceptable, i find it very unprofessional.
Did you notice they deleted your post?

Foamer Pyle

Sorry Snowflake!
I didn't realize you needed a safe space.
Again, sorry and my apologies!

PS - It wasn't about you ... it was about Turd who trades insults with me in a good natured way.
He has a good sized penis ... not a little bitty enny weeny!
No problem old man. A snowflake is a butthurt Democrat. I am proud to say that i don’t vote Democrat.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There you go ... it's gone POOF!
It was probably @Jones as he loves to delete posts and merge threads.
TOS violation .

"Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team"

Post reported

542thruNthru

TOS violation .

"Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team"

Post reported

giphy-28.gif

browned out

I post this as a service to UPS Teamsters.
I don't have an opinion on this.
The poster does not contain my words are not my words.
The following sentence does contain my thoughts and words
@Turdferguson is a slimy piece of :poop:!

View attachment 208419

All right! FINALLY, Now I am sure the Teamsters are going to address why the fact is that 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours while RPCDs are only guaranteed 40 hours IF WORK IS AVAILABLE.
And I am sure the teamsters will answer the question of who has the right to additional work and OT.

Why overtime is not offered by seniority to the real package car driver classification first
And then to the hybrid drivers and force in reverse? If you really care about drivers family times and health ;then the obvious course of action would be to offer the overtime to those who want it.
And most importantly, how the teamsters rationalize creating an endless excessive overtime classification for a group of 25% of the employees is solving any type of excessive OT problem.

They should have a video directed towards the future 22.4s that describes that position.

1. Do you hate spending time with your family? Then this position is perfect for you because you will have NO protection from excessive OT for as long as you remain in this position. And as an added bonus you will have to work Saturdays and possibly Sundays so you will not have to spend time with your family on the days your kids are off school.

Do you want to be a second class worker and make less $ than someone performing the exact same work? Say no more, we got u covered.

Do you want to subject your body to extreme physical demands for up to 70 hours a week? And possibly have your body break down before you reach your 25-year or 30-year mark? Then sign up now.

Blackstream

Anyone else notice that the IBT/contract supporters keep saying the same information over and over?

It never seems to be answers to the difficult questions just the same bullet points since day one.
It's cause they know the purpose of 22.4 is to create a FT job class that gets :censored2: on in order to lessen the pressure on the other FTers.

Also UPS's growing fascination with loosening up job descriptions so they can redistribute the workforce however they want. I wonder how long until they try and make a FT job classification that's not tied to a shift. You work 8 hours and you're out (tagging in the next 8 hour guy), and you work on whatever shift is running at the time. No one ever gets OT ever again.

Sounds like a joke, but there were actual talks about doing that with the PSC in my hub... people were getting such insane OT that they were talking about trying to make FT jobs that were just 8 hours of PSC, and you left when your time was up and the next guy came in to replace you. Down to not being tied to a sort, just your work was whatever happened to need to be done. It might have gotten somewhere but then UPS started refusing to pay out grievances for supes working and the BA behind those talks got pissed off and dropped it.

And for that matter, you could do the same for PT jobs. Have a revolving door of people that work 4-5 hour shifts. Sort not done? No problem, we got a fresh army of part timers swapping people out.

born2Bwild

The contract says that there must be 1.5 hour gap between shifts, questions:
Do they have to be away from home 9.5 hours before overtime rate starts?
Does the break in preload to driving start their 8 hrs?
Will they progress to RPCD rate after they become one?
I truly see that the company will find it hard to employ people who would be willing to work on weekends and evenings and be away from family at a reduced rate.