25+ grievances on SUP working. Triple time? "On topic"

SweatPit

i won't bite
After 7 months my 25hrs worth of grievances on a sup working were heard. Company agreed on 15 hours at double time and said it is only triple time if the other grievances "went through a hearing" Well I had to wait 7 months before ANY of them were heard and they were all heard at once! I was under the impression that after the 2nd grievance it was all triple time. Well another loop hole on how the company can interpret our contract. :(

So since I didn't agree on the 15 hours. And the company didn't agree on the full 25 hours, my grievances are "deadlocked" I could just take the 15 hours, by my BA said he could try to get me more. But I am not sure how long to wait on all that because I heard there are grievances that have been deadlocked for over a year...

Any advice on what I should do?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After 7 months my 25hrs worth of grievances on a sup working were heard. Company agreed on 15 hours at double time and said it is only triple time if the other grievances "went through a hearing" Well I had to wait 7 months before ANY of them were heard and they were all heard at once! I was under the impression that after the 2nd grievance it was all triple time. Well another loop hole on how the company can interpret our contract. :(

So since I didn't agree on the 15 hours. And the company didn't agree on the full 25 hours, my grievances are "deadlocked" I could just take the 15 hours, by my BA said he could try to get me more. But I am not sure how long to wait on all that because I heard there are grievances that have been deadlocked for over a year...

it’s the principle You’ve waited this long
I’d push until until made whole

might take awhile

good on you for standing your ground and not taking the 15 hours

Up In Smoke

The triple time was added in the last contract as a deterrent to supervisors working. I have pushed over 200 hrs to state panels. I would not back down, the language was added and needs to be enforced. All or nothing in my book.

SweatPit

i won't bite
My BA said that there is a chance that that if an agreement is not made in the long run then I do not get anything.

Up In Smoke

In my local, once the BA signs his name and enters the local level decision, it is the locals grievance to arbitrate to it's completion. I was offered pennies on the dollar and I refused. We need a positive grievance decision to set a precedent. I've been to hundreds of panels and I am willing to push all in for justice.

Superteeth2478

I'm thinking what happened here is that you had multiple grievances against multiple supervisors settled all at once in a "global settlement" where the hours were negotiated down. I guess that as a result they weren't individually counted against the individual supervisors since those individual grievances weren't heard like they should have. It's :censored2:ty the way that works.

And it doesn't make sense that if an agreement isn't made that the grievances won't be paid out at all. If that were the case then the company could just refuse to pay anything for any of them, deadlock them at every level, and never have to pay out supervisors working grievances.

Up In Smoke

It's time consuming, but I request time cards, truck numbers and mileage and work preformed for each supervisor put on the road. They have 10 days to provide information requests. I then file a grievance for each supervisor on each day. I have gotten far better results from breaking it down and showing the pattern of violations.

Up In Smoke

I'm not in the business of embellishing. I've been a steward for more than 25 years and we have state panels every month less a hand few over the years. Just trying to help.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
In my local, once the BA signs his name and enters the local level decision, it is the locals grievance to arbitrate to it's completion. I was offered pennies on the dollar and I refused. We need a positive grievance decision to set a precedent. I've been to hundreds of panels and I am willing to push all in for justice.

Most panels are quarterly so you would have to start going to them immediately and go to every one more than 25 years. Are you talking about local level hearings?

SweatPit

i won't bite
I'm thinking what happened here is that you had multiple grievances against multiple supervisors settled all at once in a "global settlement" where the hours were negotiated down. I guess that as a result they weren't individually counted against the individual supervisors since those individual grievances weren't heard like they should have. It's :censored2:ty the way that works.

And it doesn't make sense that if an agreement isn't made that the grievances won't be paid out at all. If that were the case then the company could just refuse to pay anything for any of them, deadlock them at every level, and never have to pay out supervisors working grievances.
Are you referring to me? If so, no it was on 1 supervisor. Inside building stuff. The person I grieved on was a part-time sup. That person's full-time supervisor worked the following shift. And that full-time supervisor ignored the grievances. But I kept filing. Since the part-time sup kept on working. Now there are like 2 extra people in that little section.... :)

Up In Smoke

Most panels are quarterly so you would have to start going to them immediately and go to every one more than 25 years. Are you talking about local level hearings?
Our local grievance procedure is:
1. Grievant meets with steward and immediate supervisor, management has 1 day to reply
2. If not satisfied the grievance is reduced to a paper grievance.
3. If company response is unacceptable, the grievance is scheduled for a local level hearing
4. If not resolved at local level, the grievance is docketed for a State Panel (monthly)
5. If still not resolved, the grievance is submitted to the Joint Area Committee (which are held quarterly)
6. And finally to the IBT

22.34life

What supplement are u guys in where supervisors working grievances are going to the panel?I been to 3 never saw one.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our local grievance procedure is:
1. Grievant meets with steward and immediate supervisor, management has 1 day to reply
2. If not satisfied the grievance is reduced to a paper grievance.
3. If company response is unacceptable, the grievance is scheduled for a local level hearing
4. If not resolved at local level, the grievance is docketed for a State Panel (monthly)
5. If still not resolved, the grievance is submitted to the Joint Area Committee (which are held quarterly)
6. And finally to the IBT

There is only one thing I could add to your list.

5.5) JAC deadlock committee.