25 year anniversary

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We had a driver get a warning letter for using the fire extinguisher in his package car to put out a customer's car fire. Apparently those are just for show and never to be used.
I call bs. Or I call 800 # and corporate and local news and demand person who gave letter is terminated

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Good job to you. 25 Years is a major milestone weather they recognize you for it or not. One time I brought doughnuts in for everyone and announced my safe driving day since it was always just handed to you days or weeks past your date. That went over really well with the drivers but not so much with management.

DS

Fenderbender
Congrats again, I'm going to open another beer in your honor, I've already spent more on this celebration than UPS.
CHEERS!I'm on my 2nd beer.
I'm approaching 23 years...2 years and 10 days to go.
The browncafe salutes you upsgirl88,I bet you need no help opening jars :)

upsgirl88

An update on my disappointment. The company came through. I received a certificate to go online and order from a selection of items. My choice... A flat wear set. We use it everyday. Yup, that's what BROWN did for me. I'm a happy girl. It's nice to be recognized for 25 years of service. Thanks UPS. :)

InsideUPS

An update on my disappointment. The company came through. I received a certificate to go online and order from a selection of items. My choice... A flat wear set. We use it everyday. Yup, that's what BROWN did for me. I'm a happy girl. It's nice to be recognized for 25 years of service. Thanks UPS. :)

Congratulations!!!!....and happy to read that UPS came through for you..

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Lower your expectations and you'll never be disappointed.

1080Driver

I waited over 6 months (after repeatedly asking) about my 22yr safe driving award. Pretty sad that I was closer to 23yrs once I finally got it.

DS

Fenderbender
Had my 35th anniversary w/UPS Thursday, not a word. Looked thru the stack of certificates to see if mine was there, it wasn't. But I did get to work till 830 that nite, that's logistics.
Give it up buddy,retire and do something you like.35 years?

balland chain

To the company, UPS we are all numbers. They do not care one bit if we are alive or dead. All that matters to them is that there is a driver in the seat, be it feeders or packages... Sucks in a big way when companies who truly care for their work force actually do something for them after so many years of hard work... here is your pat on the back for your years of service....

Indecisi0n

I watched a guy with 30 years walk out of the building on his last day like it was just a typical night. I've never been one to need a pat on the back in recognition for hard work but doing nothing for this guy was wrong. I had to catch up with him and shake his hand and I didn't even know him that well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They did absolutely nothing for a 30 year driver on his last day? Really??

Retirements are a big deal in the BOG. The employee's spouse and family, if applicable, are invited. The spouse gets flowers (I'm not sure what they would give if the spouse was a male as we have yet to have a married female retire), refreshments are served, retirees who have yet to move on are invited and all the while the drivers are looking at their watches and refreshing their DIADs.

All I really want is a handshake and a sincere "thank you". And I want my pension check to be directly deposited on the 1st of the month.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
the Cracker Jack prizes mean nothing to me; i'm just doing my time

Yesterday morning I got my 23 year Safe Driving Award during the PCM. I really have 24, but they have screwed up this count the last few years despite me asking them to fix it. Making Circle of Honor is the only award program that I have respect for. Somebody said "Only two more years to make Circle of Honor". I responded, "I'm not planning to be standing here two years from now". I will probably work at least one more year to get about everything paid off before I retire. I contacted the Corporate Pension Dept a few weeks ago to request some dates, I haven't heard back from them yet.