25 years ago we was on strike

542thruNthru

Well off the top of my head, the WCTP(11 states), Washington DC, NJ 177 and I believe Wisconsin are all doing better than the UPS pension.

542thruNthru

Why wouldn't I have one? I'd barely have one now at 65 if it wasn't for the bailout. I'm just curious had they taken over in 97 how I'd be sitting now.
In my opinion, the teamsters care about our pension because we help fund all the rest. Take that away.... and why would they care. We'd be just another company that lost a pension for a raise or lower healthcare..

JonDoe

Well off the top of my head, the WCTP(11 states), Washington DC, NJ 177 and I believe Wisconsin are all doing better than the UPS pension.
Well where I'm at(CS)it's not doing so good if not for the bailout. Take a look and get back to me. You should know all about the Central States pension plan. If you're not in it you're lucky.

JonDoe

In my opinion, the teamsters care about our pension because we help fund all the rest. Take that away.... and why would they care. We'd be just another company that lost a pension for a raise or lower healthcare..
I think you're missing the point my friend, just look what has happened to CS even after UPS bought it out.

JonDoe

Before the bailout if I retired now where I am, my pension is paid by UPS. Now when I hit 65 half of that amount comes from CS, now if not for the bailout that half would not be paid to me(money's gone), so what would I do? I just thought had they(UPS)taken it over back then would I be better off? Do I know for sure? NO, but couldn't be any worse than I am now right?

542thruNthru

I think you're missing the point my friend, just look what has happened to CS even after UPS bought it out.
No brother, I think you're missing the point. This conversation started off about UPS taking over the pension for all upsers. I've shown you that, that would not be better for all UPS teamsters. I'm sorry your pension is in trouble but I can say that if UPS took over all UPSers pension we would all be screwed. So... lesser of two evils.

542thruNthru

Before the bailout if I retired now where I am, my pension is paid by UPS. Now when I hit 65 half of that amount comes from CS, now if not for the bailout that half would not be paid to me(money's gone), so what would I do? I just thought had they(UPS)taken it over back then would I be better off? Do I know for sure? NO, but couldn't be any worse than I am now right?
I feel for you, I really do. I supported the Butch Lewis act because I want to help everyone with a failing pension.