25 years ago we was on strike

rod

Retired 22 years
1997, I remember it well.
Learned the truth and facts behind the strike and refused to be played by Carey and the Hoffa money power games.
I quit the teamsters just before the end of the strike.
Ouch, someone is going to call me a scab and threaten me.
My feelings, and my body, might get hurt.:whiteflag:
Some tried and they did not succeed.
Retired as a circle of honor driver in 2014 and UPS will pay, and has, for my retirement, not the union.
The teamsters lost more than they gained playing with the UPS pension fund control.
25yrs ago is not a long time.
25yrs from now making the wrong choices will feel like an eternity.
I'm sure you have enjoyed all the perks and benefits the Teamsters fought for. A SCAB is a scab is a scab no matter how you spin it.

Learned the truth and facts behind the strike and refused to be played by Carey and the Hoffa money power games.
Retired as a circle of honor driver in 2014 and UPS will pay, and has, for my retirement, not the union.
The teamsters lost more than they gained playing with the UPS pension fund control.
Oh great a scab replied to this thread

Beat it Barney no one on his forum has respect for a piece of crap like you

Brownwind

Holy cow that seems like a minute ago

How many of you guys and girls was there for that?
I remember it well. BBQ every day with the crew and fifty five bucks to go wild with. I got good at frisbee and chilling with the local popo who were there to keep the peace. (The six of us were partying like we were Kennedys)

We should hope the company makes 20 billion this year so we don’t have to go through it next year.

Thebrownblob

I always wonder what people like @satellitedriver thinks would happen to his great retirement if everyone had the same Philosophy? Do these people really believe UPS would still have had a pension? We would be lucky to even be FedEx ground without the union. Even with all its worts.

I remember it well. BBQ every day with the crew and fifty five bucks to go wild with. I got good at frisbee and chilling with the local popo who were there to keep the peace. (The six of us were partying like we were Kennedys)

We should hope the company makes 20 billion this year so we don’t have to go through it next year.
I'm not so worried about myself

But a strike will destroy the younger guys here but unfortunately if that's what the current management wants better not bigger

On the other hand is shareholders will never tolerate a strike

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not this :censored2: again
A scab trying to justify his behavior
Sorry cuz but you’re a POS

Brownwind

But a strike will destroy the younger guys here but unfortunately if that's what the current management wants better not bigger

Agree. If the company is making bank and the union is strong we are going to avoid the nonsense and get the business done. Nobody wants a negative result.

Realistically we are going to get paid and some of the other stuff will get settled.

Agree. If the company is making bank and the union is strong we are going to avoid the nonsense and get the business done. Nobody wants a negative result.

Realistically we are going to get paid and some of the other stuff will get settled.
Unfortunately we threw a lot of stuff away this contract.

Hopefully we can get a fair contract this time without either side going overboard

Thebrownblob

I believe by this time next year the membership will be prepared to do whatever is necessary. this is a totally different philosophy O’Brien is bringing, The companies actions in the last couple of years have really solidified peoples distain for the way they are treated. We need to coalesce around that and push this company to either negotiate with us fairly or learn to fear us.

I believe by this time next year the membership will be prepared to do whatever is necessary. this is a totally different philosophy O’Brien is bringing, The companies actions in the last couple of years have really solidified peoples distain for the way they are treated. We need to coalesce around that and push this company to either negotiate with us fairly or learn to fear us.
Maybe it's just me but the way the company trees born pandemic I do not forget that

Thebrownblob

Unfortunately we threw a lot of stuff away this contract.

Hopefully we can get a fair contract this time without either side going overboard
We will have to scratch and fight to get some of those things back but I believe we can make some progress this contract we may not get it all but I believe we will get quite a bit