3.5 hour guarantee in trouble? On topic

Staydryitsraining

Chatter going around about a huge push for preload being down in 3.5 hours. Another thing that was heard was a hard push is coming to get rid of the 3.5 guarantee that pters have. Anyone hear anything?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Weekly guarantee or daily? Saturday staffing has caused us to be overstaffed Tue-Thur.
I know my management would like to have PT'ers that worked only 3 day weeks.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My local requires part timers to average 70 hours a month/every 3 months to receive your health care.
Which means you can't have more than 5 dead days in a 3 month span.

Our BA puts the onus on the worker to make sure he stays for his 3.5 hour guarantee.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
My local requires part timers to average 70 hours a month/every 3 months to receive your health care.

Our BA puts the onus on the worker to make sure he stays for his 3.5 hour guarantee.

That would suck.
Does he put the same burden on full timers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Chatter going around about a huge push for preload being down in 3.5 hours. Another thing that was heard was a hard push is coming to get rid of the 3.5 guarantee that pters have. Anyone hear anything?
They better be adding some unload doors if they plan on getting done quicker.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
will considering my sort dont come down until 830 or 9 and most of the time air is late, we shall see

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

That would suck.
Does he put the same burden on full timers?

YES

Full Timers have to average 160 hrs a month/every 3 months.
It equals to the same burden of not taking more than 5 dead days every 3 months.
Our BA wanted 2 things to happen when he started this on July 1st.
- wanted the drivers to stop taking days off and force them to be worked.
- our old rule I think was 128 hours, so he was sick of the union not getting enough healthcare money from these drivers to pay their benefits.

trickpony1

Does anyone use the 3.5 guarantee? You wanna stay and scrub the toilets?

Many years down the road you will be glad you did.
In order to qualify for a year's pension credit as a PT'er you need to have worked a certain number of hours each year.

If you are PT just for the benefits and beer money then forget what I said.

PT Car Washer

Many years down the road you will be glad you did.
In order to qualify for a year's pension credit as a PT'er you need to have worked a certain number of hours each year.

If you are PT just for the benefits and beer money then forget what I said.
750 hours for a good year. But when you consider you are paid 4 hours for 8 Holidays and 2 option days for 40 hours and at least 20 hours for 1 week of vacation and 25 hours for 1 option week of vacation you only need to work 13 hours a week.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it’s just the flavor of Q1, to reduce inside OT

they rolled out a bunch of ideas straight from the IE handbook, which aren’t bad, but they’re combining them with a bunch of stupid marketing and HR ideas that don’t all work in tandem

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We seem to be trying to lower OT and increase scanning compliance at the same time. Second goal is not only worthless for finding misloads on a tight schedule but also impacts the first goal.

Dr.Brownz

They throw out rumors like this around contract times to try to scare the members. Vote NO on whatever contract UPS proposes. We can get anything we want from them this time around.

dudebro

I'm not sure management needs to push to eliminate the daily guarantee. In my experience, we could always find someone who was just there for the benefits willing to go home