3-day rides ramping up in our division

RolloTony Brown Town

This is my point. I want them to see how ridiculous the dispatch/Orion is. Can't see that sitting in an office.

Ummm so as an on road who has been on multiple 3 day rides...

If I told you I was coming with you, then ask why. If I say it’s your annual safety ride then follow ORION to show me how bad it is then. If I say its a performance ride, 3 day, production ride, methods evaluation then FOLLOW ORION. How committed are you to showing your supervisor how bad it is? Are you not told to follow it? Will it cause service failures?

Generally you’ll only get the 3 day experience if you’re bottom 10-15% for Overallowed, and the first day was better then your typical performance. If day 1 is as bad as normal then they may call it off. Sometimes they’ll still send a supervisor back in hopes that day 2 will be better. If both days are same old then supervisor will not be returning. If he does, the whole ride will be tossed. Sometimes it’s a route that the driver is newer on and typically other drivers have performed better. Sometimes it’s cause you’re you and you’re special. My old manager was the on road in my old package center. There was a guy he would ride with every year for 3 days. He never maintained. He never lost his job permanently. He was suspended a few times for prerecording stops.

The Driver

I drive.
Ummm so as an on road who has been on multiple 3 day rides...

If I told you I was coming with you, then ask why. If I say it’s your annual safety ride then follow ORION to show me how bad it is then. If I say its a performance ride, 3 day, production ride, methods evaluation then FOLLOW ORION. How committed are you to showing your supervisor how bad it is? Are you not told to follow it? Will it cause service failures?

Generally you’ll only get the 3 day experience if you’re bottom 10-15% for Overallowed, and the first day was better then your typical performance. If day 1 is as bad as normal then they may call it off. Sometimes they’ll still send a supervisor back in hopes that day 2 will be better. If both days are same old then supervisor will not be returning. If he does, the whole ride will be tossed. Sometimes it’s a route that the driver is newer on and typically other drivers have performed better. Sometimes it’s cause you’re you and you’re special. My old manager was the on road in my old package center. There was a guy he would ride with every year for 3 days. He never maintained. He never lost his job permanently. He was suspended a few times for prerecording stops.

A typical day in March for me is different than a typical day during a lot of the year. So my numbers look great when I have less commercial volume. Then when commercial volume spikes I look like I'm dragging my feet again.

My attitude is just to work at a good, normal pace and let the chips fall where they may. If they get on me to run Orion again then I'll blow their numbers up.

RolloTony Brown Town

A typical day in March for me is different than a typical day during a lot of the year. So my numbers look great when I have less commercial volume. Then when commercial volume spikes I look like I'm dragging my feet again.

My attitude is just to work at a good, normal pace and let the chips fall where they may. If they get on me to run Orion again then I'll blow their numbers up.

That’s how it was for the driver I mentioned in the previous reply. He delivered on a major ski mountain. So it was night and day between winter and summer. For pieces and weather. His Orion was stupid. One day it was decent. Next day it was stupid.

Rack em

Made the Podium
That’s how it was for the driver I mentioned in the previous reply. He delivered on a major ski mountain. So it was night and day between winter and summer. For pieces and weather. His Orion was stupid. One day it was decent. Next day it was stupid.
Orion is always stupid. Can you explain why some days Orion has me delivering all the ground volume to a business in the morning and then it wants me to deliver the NDA savers to the same business later on in the day, sometimes even during pick ups? Or some days it will have me deliver the one NDA to a stop but not the ground package that goes with it so I don't have to go back later? Orion is a massive failure and everyone knows it.

RolloTony Brown Town

Orion is always stupid. Can you explain why some days Orion has me delivering all the ground volume to a business in the morning and then it wants me to deliver the NDA savers to the same business later on in the day, sometimes even during pick ups? Or some days it will have me deliver the one NDA to a stop but not the ground package that goes with it so I don't have to go back later? Orion is a massive failure and everyone knows it.

The point is still valid. Follow it until the sup says stop. I’m a supervisor. It works. You think I like driving in circles? You think I enforced Orion? Follow what you can. It’s like you thought you were buying an assembled puzzle but it came in the box with pieces missing.

Or better yet observe your sup with a stopwatch digging out his/her first 25 stops on your route....I have been here over 25 years and have NEVER seen anything come out of a 3 day ride....people need to stop stressing....
I have only heard rumors/threats of 3 day rides. Never knew they actually take place. And those rumors/threats were only on people that were dishonest.

35years

Gravy route
I have only heard rumors/threats of 3 day rides. Never knew they actually take place. And those rumors/threats were only on people that were dishonest.
I have had several 3 day rides over the decades.

The purpose is to try to "lock in" the production demonstrated in the 3 days.

Only on dishonest drivers? What a joke!

They will toss the ride if it doesn't turn out the way they want. Even after they only select good weather days, groom the load, set up shelves, open doors, intercept and divert on calls, customer requests and all other texts, dirrect drivers to execute bad driver releases, pull your will calls after you punch, etc. etc.

Who is being dishonest?

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Different Plan....routes set up different in each plan...and your favorite - add/cuts. Don't believe me, ask your dispatcher.

He or she may work on a plan or plans maybe a couple of hours a day rest of day is spent doing non-PDS related crap.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Different Plan....routes set up different in each plan...and your favorite - add/cuts. Don't believe me, ask your dispatcher.

He or she may work on a plan or plans maybe a couple of hours a day rest of day is spent doing non-PDS related crap.

Really, what kind of plan makes us deliver a street backwards out the driver side? Can't even get the little things right and management keeps trying to defend Orion. It should be called Noiro (Not once in right order).

Re-Raise

I don’t care who rides with me. I purposely introduce them to customers and call them by the wrong name all day, just to make it clear to them I don’t care.

I have had several 3 day rides over the decades.

The purpose is to try to "lock in" the production demonstrated in the 3 days.

Only on dishonest drivers? What a joke!

They will toss the ride if it doesn't turn out the way they want. Even after they only select good weather days, groom the load, set up shelves, open doors, intercept and divert on calls, customer requests and all other texts, dirrect drivers to execute bad driver releases, pull your will calls after you punch, etc. etc.

Who is being dishonest?
Sell out areas don’t have those kinds of issues. Here, 3 day rides go to people who don’t try. The few that should be terminated.

Orion should NEVER skip a stop.

NEVER plan to return for savers or ground.

NEVER plan to deliver neighboring businesses during pickups or after 17:00.

Orion should know the difference between the even and odd sides of the street.

These are the very basics of the job

ORION SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED