3-day rides ramping up in our division

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ummm so as an on road who has been on multiple 3 day rides...

If I told you I was coming with you, then ask why. If I say it’s your annual safety ride then follow ORION to show me how bad it is then. If I say its a performance ride, 3 day, production ride, methods evaluation then FOLLOW ORION. How committed are you to showing your supervisor how bad it is? Are you not told to follow it? Will it cause service failures?

Generally you’ll only get the 3 day experience if you’re bottom 10-15% for Overallowed, and the first day was better then your typical performance. If day 1 is as bad as normal then they may call it off. Sometimes they’ll still send a supervisor back in hopes that day 2 will be better. If both days are same old then supervisor will not be returning. If he does, the whole ride will be tossed. Sometimes it’s a route that the driver is newer on and typically other drivers have performed better. Sometimes it’s cause you’re you and you’re special. My old manager was the on road in my old package center. There was a guy he would ride with every year for 3 days. He never maintained. He never lost his job permanently. He was suspended a few times for prerecording stops.
Wdfd....whatever

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Orion should NEVER skip a stop.

NEVER plan to return for savers or ground.

NEVER plan to deliver neighboring businesses during pickups or after 17:00.

Orion should know the difference between the even and odd sides of the street.

These are the very basics of the job

ORION SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED
Settle down 1989 and just worry about the next place you are going to transfer to... geezzz

Settle down 1989 and just worry about the next place you are going to transfer to... geezzz
What’s there to worry about? You must be worried I’ll come there and make you look bad. Sell out areas don’t have these problems. Somehow they never become problems anyway.

Jackofnotrades

Our Division Manger is apparently doing 3-day rides at our center. This is a dead horse that's about to be beat yet again, but... in your opinion, is a 3-day ride considered over-supervision? Is any ride more than your yearly OJS ride considered over-supervision?

Discuss.
Yup... 1 day and that's it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know an OJS is coming when the best preloader is working on my line, aisle is so clear you can do cartwheels and all packages are liploaded on the shelves.

It's known as grooming the load.

When you see that, take a picture or have other drivers witness it.

Yup... 1 day and that's it

Where do drivers get the idea.... that the company can only ride with them

once a year ?

Attachments

• B9EC77D2-2B29-470E-ADB5-3F4C4CD4AA9A.gif
    B9EC77D2-2B29-470E-ADB5-3F4C4CD4AA9A.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 191