3 days of peak

SafetyFirst

If UPS would properly staff as they did decades ago, and conveniently, just prior to a contract vote, no one would get screwed.

It is a huge lie propagated by management to pit driver against driver to shift the blame from the the ones who created the problem.

We even have management claim drivers are going out heavy because of call ins when they are simultaneously giving suck ups the day off.

I can hardly believe that long term drivers fall for this game. Your fellow union brothers are not the problem...greed is.

This!!!!! I even have a shop steward at my center who complains about guys calling in during the summer, it's so utterly ridiculous. Staffing is managements problem.

I will never ever be upset with a fellow driver because he took a day off. It's none of my business why he/she did so and they don't give me any say in staffing so it is what it is.

It's also insane that they will have 70-80 drivers scheduled to work and basically expect that at no time during the year is anyone going to get sick, have a Dr appointment, etc. It's a management failure!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This!!!!! I even have a shop steward at my center who complains about guys calling in during the summer, it's so utterly ridiculous. Staffing is managements problem.

I will never ever be upset with a fellow driver because he took a day off. It's none of my business why he/she did so and they don't give me any say in staffing so it is what it is.

It's also insane that they will have 70-80 drivers scheduled to work and basically expect that at no time during the year is anyone going to get sick, have a Dr appointment, etc. It's a management failure!

Being sick or having a Dr appointment is one thing------purposely waiting until the busiest time of year to take 4-6 weeks off to "bond" with your 11 month "new"born is nothing more than screwing your co-workers.

trickpony1

purposely waiting until the busiest time of year to take 4-6 weeks off to "bond" with your 11 month "new"born is nothing more than screwing your co-workers.

I'm confused.
Sometimes you're "...it's all about me...and
sometimes you're the team player and worried about "...screwing your co-workers.".

Which is it?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Being sick or having a Dr appointment is one thing------purposely waiting until the busiest time of year to take 4-6 weeks off to "bond" with your 11 month "new"born is nothing more than screwing your co-workers.
Everyone knows your position on this. Too bad for you it is perfectly fine and also legal. Why can't you get over this? In the grand scheme of things it affects, wait for it, nothing.