3 Regions, 20 Districts

NO ups has done this over time I'm thankful for my job but to a point. Just because management sells there soul to the devil dose'nt mean us teamsters have to do the same. We are the face of this company we carry the cardboard you don't we are carring you.

So the teamsters work for the devil?

Saw this quote in an Atlanta newspaper:

"But Atlanta will be spared most of the 1,800 job losses among managers and administrative employees."

Too bad - that is where a LOT of the really high end loafers (oops, redundant) reside.

pretzel_man

Tell me how he straightened this mess out....by hiring the ceo of the Heinz pickle company to be on our board of directors? Airline mentality!

I certainly do not know why the Heinz CEO was chosen but...

Heinze is a 140 year old international company. They are in over 200 countries and their brand is well known and respected.

The board does not talk about running the company day to day. That's the management committee.

Maybe Heinz knows something about brand management, being global, and lasting for the long term.

Your rhetoric sounds good, but its not applicable.

P-Man

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Talking about major integrity issues within management. We call it "LCS school" where i work. All management team must go to "lie, cheat and steal" school first when they go into management. drivers will be given a warning letter if they don't use their turn signal coming out of a parking lot, but management can "hide" accidents and call drivers degrading names...

I agree that there are major integrity issues, but it's not because management is taught to lie. Everyone (in all positions and aspects of life) lies to save their own neck. The integrity "bending" is forced from above. In regards to injuries and accidents, the spoken word is "report every injury and every accident, no matter how minor they are." The reality is that if you report one, you're putting your own head on the chopping block. Most injuries and accidents that don't have to be reported are not. Once it becomes inevitable that they will become known by involving a claim from somewhere outside of UPS's control, they are reported. A customer complaint, non-UPS property damage claim or a doctor bill gets an accident or injury reported. Take these out of the picture and the tree fell in the woods and there was no one there to hear it so it didn't happen.

At least the driver is being told to use the turn signal and has control of it. Management is being told one thing and being forced to do the opposite and then being held accountable for not complying with which ever is the flavor of the day depending on the circumstances.

This will get worse as the competition for management jobs intensifies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Management is being told one thing and being forced to do the opposite and then being held accountable for not complying with which ever is the flavor of the day depending on the circumstances.

This will get worse as the competition for management jobs intensifies.

You just summed up the root cause of every single problem with UPS in 2 sentences. The details may vary but the truth doesnt.

Red Dawn

I am one of those 30 year ladies. I have 2 years to go to get full retirement. I work in PE now, but have worked in just about every clerical function at the company. Don't know if I'll make it or not. The PCM we were given was very vague about how us hourly employess will be affected. They have already downsized the clerical ranks to the bare bones. I work PT now and they keep piling on he work. Wonder who'll do it when they get rid of us.

out sourced to india

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Suzie741, I was told by HR that the center manager will be taking on some (all) of the paperwork. I hope its nothing really important, I have promised them it's gonna be a long time before I get any of that paperwork back to the new district. Looks like I am gonna have to hire a secretary....

Dragon

Package Center Manager
One thing that was nice about friday, my boss sent me 2 texts and I had less then 10 e-mails sent to me all day!! Early weekend yippiii.......

Tell me how he straightened this mess out....by hiring the ceo of the Heinz pickle company to be on our board of directors? Airline mentality!

Your right, we need a beer man instead....Better yet, a beer woman....Or at least a woman with a lot of beer. In fact maybe I'll write that on my proxy.

P

pickup

Good news! Upssocks stormed the doors of the inner sanctum of the innoplex and convinced scott davis , through song and dance, not to go through with the dismissals.

[video=youtube;l_29IeEeZqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_29IeEeZqo[/video]

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
"I agree that there are major integrity issues, but it's not because management is taught to lie. Everyone (in all positions and aspects of life) lies to save their own neck. The integrity "bending" is forced from above. In regards to injuries and accidents, the spoken word is "report every injury and every accident, no matter how minor they are." The reality is that if you report one, you're putting your own head on the chopping block. Most injuries and accidents that don't have to be reported are not. Once it becomes inevitable that they will become known by involving a claim from somewhere outside of UPS's control, they are reported. A customer complaint, non-UPS property damage claim or a doctor bill gets an accident or injury reported. Take these out of the picture and the tree fell in the woods and there was no one there to hear it so it didn't happen. "

It's funny how management preaches about integrity, and they are the first one to violate it. Let me ask you, if you damage non-ups property and the customer does not know it's ups, and does not call in, IS IT NOT A ACCIDENT? wth, THAT'S JUST BAD BUSINESS. UPS won't make it another 100 years doing that shady crap......GOOD LUCK

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
i was wondering how you have a misload in your car all day, and you call it into the center. They tell you not to sheet it as missed, and to bring it in. You track it the next day and it said "left in building." Hmmm, don't you think there is something wrong with this picture.....?