-30 Wind Chill

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Should be a fun one today in WI. 14 below zero with wind chills to 30 below. Schools closed. Don't think the heater will keep up today.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think that thermal underwear is one of the greatest inventions of all time. I don't know how in the world ya'll do it up there in weather like this. It seldom gets down in the single digits down here, much less double digits with a negative sign in front of it. You should get extra hazard pay in conditions like that. I'm glad I took Febuary off.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
As I look at my thermometer right now it says -33. I don't know what the wind chill is but I'm sure glad I'm retired and don't have to listen to "cold enough for you' a hundred times today. I always hated cold weather more than hot. It sure is a lot easier working in shorts rather than 5 layers of clothes.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its -5 right now as I type. -23 wind chill. I did my duty and called and said Id gladly take the day off so the younger guys could work. I feel I should do my part as a senior employee, (snicker snicker, tee hee) I never complain when its hot, coz I hate the cold. I was dressed and had my truck warming up, and they said I could stay home! Tomorrow should be a balmy 10.

I went to take photos of my local bald eagle, but its too cold for him. Yesterday I was trying to get him, but my digital froze up! So I got out my old 35mm, all mechanical, and got the silver oxide batteries, for 0 degree weather, but no luck, Ill try around noon. He was out on the lake and had something so big he dragged out of the water, he couldnt fly with it. That would have been an awesome shot. Enjoy the day, stay warm!!

toeknee2gx

-30?? damn im sorry!!! on the other hand you can move to So CAL!! its going to be 80 in LA today...We were the warmest spot in the nation at 90 yesterday in Anahiem (disneyland)...

moreluck

golden ticket member
tooner....we still have family in OH. I had to rub it in and let them know it was 80 something degrees here in S. CA. (the coast) yesterday and just gorgeous.

They hate me in OH. !! :wink:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
tooner....we still have family in OH. I had to rub it in and let them know it was 80 something degrees here in S. CA. (the coast) yesterday and just gorgeous.

They hate me in OH. !! :wink:

Im sure they appreciate you letting them know that you are 80 degrees warmer than them. AS do I (not).

Sucks to be us!!!
We dont hate you, just jealous.

mittam

Its -5 right now as I type. -23 wind chill. I did my duty and called and said Id gladly take the day off so the younger guys could work. I feel I should do my part as a senior employee, (snicker snicker, tee hee) I never complain when its hot, coz I hate the cold. I was dressed and had my truck warming up, and they said I could stay home! Tomorrow should be a balmy 10.

I went to take photos of my local bald eagle, but its too cold for him. Yesterday I was trying to get him, but my digital froze up! So I got out my old 35mm, all mechanical, and got the silver oxide batteries, for 0 degree weather, but no luck, Ill try around noon. He was out on the lake and had something so big he dragged out of the water, he couldnt fly with it. That would have been an awesome shot. Enjoy the day, stay warm!!

I'm home too!!! I actually got all dressed up ready for work drug out the coveralls got to work and bumped by vac bid coverage driver and came home.He wanted his 8 hrs regardless of the cold and I reluctlantly came home(ha ha). At least it isn't as bad as it was in the late 70's with below zero and zero for the highs for a month.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
It was a balmy 6 degrees, with a wind chill of -15 here in Michigan today. I just got a kick out of all the dumbasses that were spun off the road and in the ditch:oops: At least I got to spin some killer donuts in the 3 cube I was driving :laugh:

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Man I have to strip down a little it ( sorry about the mental pics ) will only get to the upper 30's for the lows and mid 50's for the high.

Ms Spoken

Tooner,
You were not the only one with that same idea today but, I called before I started to get dressed. No reason to all those layers on if they are going to cut my route. hahaha

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have to wait til 8am to get an answer in case some wimp (like me) calls and says they are sick. I didnt call in sick, I was a volunteer! Then if I gotta work, i gotta scoot coz it may take me an hour to get there. So I had all my layers on, still do. We heat with wood, and it does fine til it gets to zero, then its lay by the woodburner time. But it was worth what I lost to not work, coz Id still be out!!

si_dan

A mild 18 degrees in the NY metro area today winchills below zero. But we folks above the Mason- Dixon line ought to be used to it. 50 in Florida feels like the next ice age.

satellitedriver

Where is Global Warming when you need it? How do you people do it? I was born and raised on the Gulf Coast of Texas and believe ice only belongs in a glass. Give me 100 degrees and 80% humidity. As long as I have a sweat towel and a 5 gallon jug of ice water, I can get the job done. Let it drop to 29 degrees and my fingers start going numb. Y'all stay as safe and warm as you can.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have to go in today, I wish I could blow it off again. But its only -3 now, and a breezy -18 wind chill. I just dread these days. My body does not like the cold. And this is dangerous cold. I hope they keep us light, whoops what was I thinking.

wornoutupser

Hey Tooner!
It is 41 outside as I type and I just hope that my truck will start hen I get in it today.

How do you guys do it up there? I had on layers ALL DAY even at the afternoon high of 55 yesterday! That opening and closing the side door is a MAJOR pain!