30 years of service...big whup.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
one of the funniest things I heard about him was when ,with that dry tone of voice and sense of humor and I quote
" helllllooo Dispatch"Yah Bill ..." Theeee tires of this trailer are now facing the sun"" what Bill Theee trailer going to 3 door is now upside down " I still piss myself laughing at how he presented that one !!! LOL:cool-little::cool-little:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Good to see some CMs are old school. I think the vast majority of CMs no longer gaf about your safe driving or yos.
Oh yes they care, as soon as an errant tree branch puts a scratch on your otherwise meticulously clean truck. I so wanted to post the pics I took but I dont want to get fired for my photography skills. Although you couldnt read the car number or license plate anyway, LOL

over9five

Staff member
October 22 !! and they will send him to the Corn field for an empty !!!
They did that last night! Don't they worry about him stepping in a pothole or something?!?!? He is an old mountain goat, tho.
Have you seen our yahd lately? I saw that big pothole in front of the pallet dock take someones mudflap right off. AVOIDABLE! Not. After you park, it's right under your drivers door too. Right where you step. Someone's gonna go down.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
They did that last night! Don't they worry about him stepping in a pothole or something?!?!? He is an old mountain goat, tho.
Have you seen our yahd lately? I saw that big pothole in front of the pallet dock take someones mudflap right off. AVOIDABLE! Not. After you park, it's right under your drivers door too. Right where you step. Someone's gonna go down.
expect the unexpected,,,or ...adjust to changing conditions !!! those should cower them !! no havn't bee n there in a week or two,, I have had the good fortune to spend a few nites in the lovely providence area ...

Z

ZQXC

My hats off to all of you seasoned drivers. I've got less than 10 years under my belt. Honestly some days don't know how a person could make it another 20 plus years. Think the only way I can survive is get off my metro route and bid the next country route that comes open.

Here's the secret: Just keep waking up and going in tomorrow morning.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A couple of years ago I had 25 years, and my center manager brought a cake and some Starbucks coffee to the PCM to celebrate the milestone in front of the whole group. It was a nice gesture on her part and a great way to start the day. If UPS wants to give gifts for safety and years-of-service milestones that is great, but I am certainly not going to develop a sense of entitlement around it or get all butt-hurt over a cheap paper certificate. I'm here for the money, not for the recognition.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh yes they care, as soon as an errant tree branch puts a scratch on your otherwise meticulously clean truck. I so wanted to post the pics I took but I dont want to get fired for my photography skills. Although you couldnt read the car number or license plate anyway, LOL
Seriously? I would need 20 stops total on most of the routes I run if I couldn't scratch the truck.

Rainman

Its all good.
At 25 YOS I got a pair of gold earrings for my wife from the catalogue. At 30 I got a cake and a plaque on founders day. At 35 I expect to get a piece of paper and a handshake.
But even though the extras are nice, I'm still here for the money & benefits, mnot the little stuff.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
My wife just handed me my 30 years of service certificate. I am so happy to know our beloved company has spared no expense in showing appreciation to a valued employee. The postage alone must have set them back a couple of bucks. It gives me the warm fuzzies to know that our dear leader in Atlanta enjoys huge bonuses while I get a piece of paper worth five cents.
Seriously though, at least the person who handed it to you has a sincere appreciation for your service. We'll done, man. That's better than having any ftard manager toss it to you.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Seriously though, at least the person who handed it to you has a sincere appreciation for your service. We'll done, man. That's better than having any ftard manager toss it to you.
When I picked my 25 year service award I picked a journey necklace for my wife. If anything our spouses deserve more appreciation from UPS than the company gives us. It takes a special person to put up with the crap we get dealt on a daily basis. Thanks for reminding me who is waiting for me at the best stop is proud of all UPS'ers every where.

stealth8

Remember the "good old days"!

1. Turkey for Christmas
2. Gold watch every 5 yrs of safe driving
3. Leather wallet every other year of safe driving
4. Breakfast and REAL gift every Founder's Day. (My keys are still on the brass key ring the gave everyone in 1983)
5. Big Idea magazine, which posted pictures and articles of driver's achievements.
6. UPS Rodeo Days when you could bring the family out to your hub once a year for BBQ and fun!
7. Circle of Honor recognition galas . ( had the opportunity to attend 2 before they were done away with,and they were top notch)
8. Pants were laundered for us.

There are probably other perks we use to get that slip my mind at the moment.

I know that a lot of you are saying "screw all of those perks, I don't need them". But it sure was nice in the GOOD OLD DAYS!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My 25 year plaque was a nice one. I got my 30 year piece of paper 3 months ago and it is a joke. 30 year piece of paper is the same one as the safety years. This company is really fu.. Cheap. That's why I'm out of this place in 3 weeks.
They compensate you at over $50/hour and they are cheap?
I think you are just a disgruntled employee.