30 years of service.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
Is he allowed to park in the handicap spot?

No!! He parks in the Livonia MI. employee lot. Its a 1/4 mile walk one way. We figured just the walk from his car to the building everyday for the years he has been here is the equivalent of walking to California. Then from there to the East coast and back to Michigan with plenty of miles to spare.
One morning I was walking into work and that old man was right behind me and gaining. I had to turn on my "Manitenance Man Afterburners " to stay ahead of him.

Utility81

Today at our PCM, a driver got presented his plaque for 30 years of service... he immediately threw it across the parking lot. started his truck and left... hahahahaha any of you seen stuff like this
That’s pretty awesome. We had a long time center manager who was actually pretty down to earth and fair. On his last day he is walking out. People shaking his hand left and right. Then the DM extends his hand for a shake.. nothing but resting bitch face for the DM. Walks right past him and his Tony Soprano sport jacket.

quad decade guy

Personally, I find it very disrespectful. I'm not looking for pomp and circumstance but still it's nice to even be recognized a little.
Too many people have too much hate for a company that has given most, if not all, a very good life. Something I will never understand, especially when you make the choice to come in every day. No one puts a gun to your head to be here. If you're really that unhappy then GTFO.

I get your response. Having clicked my 39th, I've seen many high's and low's. From wonder to

seething hatred and anger(personally). I'm not angry anymore. Nor do I care much anymore. But

you skipped over a lot in between. The culture and mutual respect between mgt. and hourly could

be so much better with blame equally shared. The us vs. them has always bothered me. I've

never fully understood why going into "mgt." would be such a negative move and hostile

and betraying to hourly. But then, as an hourly and experiencing the mistreatment, abuse etc.

you understand. I've always admired the happy go lucky souls at UPS that seem to roll along.

A choice? Maybe. A very good life? Well, what does that mean? Missing your kids grow up? Having

to give up all your seniority to change classifications? Not ever being able to relocate, change?

Being verbally abused because of mgt.'s incompetence? Etc.

Health, stress(see above) etc. On the other hand, money and health insurance and maybe a

pension(we'll see). UPS has "allowed" me to do many things that most others couldn't even

consider....yes, that is good.

GTFO? That's it? The only way? Either or? We can't make it better?

A good life? Maybe...

Cementups

Box Monkey

I my kids are 14 and 10 and I have only ever missed a couple things that my kids have had going on. Maybe that makes me the exception. I don't know. Even with most of my career had been in package car. I was always able to make my schedule work even up to and including be a head coach for both of my kids baseball and softball teams.

As far as losing job seniority by classification, that is a local union thing. We do not do that here in Central Pa. I moved to Feeder 3 years ago after 21 years in PC. When I transferred to Feeder I dovetailed right into the seniority list at 72 out of 250ish. And yes, I know it's not like that everywhere and for the life of me I can not figure out why. It's the way it should be and the only people that say otherwise are ones that would get bumped down a spot if it happened to them.

over9five

Staff member
Do we still do awards? Milestone year, and all I get is a computer generated email from some women that is apparently our CEO now.
No certificate, no "Thanks for your service, Ovah" from the boss, no plaque like for 20 and 25. One sup did congratulate me a couple weeks prior, I'll have to thank him again when I see him.

All I wanted was the freakin plaque to go with the other two...

Do we still do awards? Milestone year, and all I get is a computer generated email from some women that is apparently our CEO now.
No certificate, no "Thanks for your service, Ovah" from the boss, no plaque like for 20 and 25. One sup did congratulate me a couple weeks prior, I'll have to thank him again when I see him.

All I wanted was the freakin plaque to go with the other two...
You still get a plaque but no awards

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Today at our PCM, a driver got presented his plaque for 30 years of service... he immediately threw it across the parking lot. started his truck and left... hahahahaha any of you seen stuff like this
That poor driver is mentally spent. Very little seem to understand the mental transformation that happens to long-term employees.

Luckily, I'm not one of those dudes!

*singing* New light & crispy Suncheros...cuz they're made by.... Pequenos Keebleros!

SNRE to the moon baby!

Can I get a witness!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That poor driver is mentally spent. Very little seem to understand the mental transformation that happens to long-term employees.

Luckily, I'm not one of those dudes!

*singing* New light & crispy Suncheros...cuz they're made by.... Pequenos Keebleros!

SNRE to the moon baby!

Can I get a witness!
sorry that driver felt that way. i usually threw my yearly paper plaques away but was glad I saved my 20 year plaque. It was on the wall but now put away in a box somewhere and replaced with family pictures on the wall.

never considered UPS family.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I retired the big boss actually showed up with a nice award and some decent food, I'll admit I was totally surprised. First time in 28 years that's happened, every other award I got along the way I usually found on a shelf in the office after someone told me it was there. Probably just happy to see me go...

rod

Retired 22 years
From the looks of Mr. Camps load it appears he is babied quite a bit. The damn truck looks empty. It sounds like maybe on one of his yearly falls he hit his head hard enough to knock all his common sense out.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
sorry that driver felt that way. i usually threw my yearly paper plaques away but was glad I saved my 20 year plaque. It was on the wall but now put away in a box somewhere and replaced with family pictures on the wall.

never considered UPS family.
From the day you started to the day you retired. UPS stock, profits have increased as well as for all employees(management/executives), that's all this company is about. I forget off hand when UPS started trading publicly. I know It was in the late 90's. However, even privately it's advanced. If the day you started at Bob's Tree Service and it profited $5,000 for that year and the day you left Bob's profited $200,000. Then you are that tree service's VIP.

It's a shame that person can't shake a man's hand like Rod's before he leaves for retirement like I've read. That's on them.

So yes, missy. You were a very valuable "team member" and SEC Filings prove it.

rod

Retired 22 years
From the day you started to the day you retired. UPS stock, profits have increased as well as for all employees(management/executives), that's all this company is about. I forget off hand when UPS started trading publicly. I know It was in the late 90's. However, even privately it's advanced. If the day you started at Bob's Tree Service and it profited $5,000 for that year and the day you left Bob's profited $200,000. Then you are that tree service's VIP.

It's a shame that person can't shake a man's hand like Rod's before he leaves for retirement like I've read. That's on them.

So yes, missy. You were a very valuable "team member" and SEC Filings prove it.

Nobody shook my hand. It was just another day. Nothing even mentioned ---- just like expected.

UPSER1987

Only from an idiot. It’s his accomplishment not the company’s. He must be a very sad individual.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Nobody shook my hand. It was just another day. Nothing even mentioned ---- just like expected.
The center manager wanted to have a party, cake, soda all that and I said NO. I asked him not to let anyone know. I gave him several weeks notice and that's it. My last day I just walked out to parking lot and left. No one had a clue.

That is the way I wanted it. Have bumped into former co workers at Costco etc and they said there were all kinds of rumors on what happened. Many thought I was fired. I don't care. Laughing all the way to the bank.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yep lol. When Cachsux retired after 34 years (well technically he retires on 7/6 but he’s been out on vacation since May and he’s not coming back) I recorded him burning his browns in the fire pit in his backyard with his kids lol. Can we post videos on this site? I’m not sure how to do that.

542thruNthru

Yep lol. When Cachsux retired after 34 years (well technically he retires on 7/6 but he’s been out on vacation since May and he’s not coming back) I recorded him burning his browns in the fire pit in his backyard with his kids lol. Can we post videos on this site? I’m not sure how to do that.

Upload it to YouTube and you could probably post it on here.