30 years of service.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yep lol. When Cachsux retired after 34 years (well technically he retires on 7/6 but he’s been out on vacation since May and he’s not coming back) I recorded him burning his browns in the fire pit in his backyard with his kids lol. Can we post videos on this site? I’m not sure how to do that.
as long as it does not identify member , I believe.

I kept my browns just in case wanna start robbing. almost perfect M.O.

Eh, burning them seems like too much effort. I just put them all in a big garbage bag and dropped them off at HR on my last day.
My buddy did that at his retirement cookout.
He asked me if I wanted any of his uniforms first, I said I'm not a feeder driver and hopefully I never fit into them. Lol
It brought him some closure so he was happy

Johney

Do we still do awards? Milestone year, and all I get is a computer generated email from some women that is apparently our CEO now.
No certificate, no "Thanks for your service, Ovah" from the boss, no plaque like for 20 and 25. One sup did congratulate me a couple weeks prior, I'll have to thank him again when I see him.

All I wanted was the freakin plaque to go with the other two...
I got a 30 year plaque oddly enough it showed up a few months past my anniversary date. So don't fret yet.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My name was spelled wrong on one of mine. Also the printer they used was running out of ink and it was a mess. Showed it off at the pcm and threw it away. They never bothered getting me another one. I used to hear stories about this catalog they had with nice things in it you could pick from for working safely, even used to get a turkey. I was around for cookouts but those went away too. I’d like to see where all that money went that they were saving on this stuff. Everyone had to pitch in for the morning OMS lady’s retirement party, 30+ years and she got a big fat nothing.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My name was spelled wrong on one of mine. Also the printer they used was running out of ink and it was a mess. Showed it off at the pcm and threw it away. They never bothered getting me another one. I used to hear stories about this catalog they had with nice things in it you could pick from for working safely, even used to get a turkey. I was around for cookouts but those went away too. I’d like to see where all that money went that they were saving on this stuff. Everyone had to pitch in for the morning OMS lady’s retirement party, 30+ years and she got a big fat nothing.
That catalog was nice. Used to my kids stuff from it. We looked forward to it every year. Don't remember what they got rid of first. The catalog or the turkey but I remember telling everyone "you give them an inch and they will take a mile"

That was probably over 10 years ago. since then they have you people working on day after Thanksgiving which used to be a holiday, other holidays, Saturdays are common now and perhaps Sundays.
The company has even changed the HOS from what it was so people can work 7 days a week.

it's just gonna get worse because of the spineless membership ( union )

542thruNthru

The company has even changed the HOS from what it was so people can work 7 days a week.

it's just gonna get worse because of the spineless membership ( union )

Former feeder driver thinks UPS changed HOS
giphy-56.gif

542thruNthru

Pulling 5 pups through the African desert in the snow hauling live blue whales to the king of Canada for national strippers day celebration.

Whats sad is we'd all probably get a long with her but she just can't help but make up some of the most outrageous stories.

Sometimes I can't help but start laughing when I pull up to a stop light in my package car at night. Because I can't help but think of her stories of running red lights because bandits would jump on the truck to steal her tomatoes. Lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Eh, burning them seems like too much effort. I just put them all in a big garbage bag and dropped them off at HR on my last day.
I tried turning mine in. The center manager didn't want to be bothered with them . His exact words--"what the hell am I suppose to do with all that"? The make a great fire starter/ conversation starter for a retirement bon-fire.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Pulling 5 pups through the African desert in the snow hauling live blue whales to the king of Canada for national strippers day celebration.
I'm talking the change from 70/8 to 60/7 . not sure if our hub changed it. some of our drivers never left the yard shifting and worked 12-16 every day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I tried turning mine in. The center manager didn't want to be bothered with them . His exact words--"what the hell am I suppose to do with all that"? The make a great fire starter/ conversation starter for a retirement bon-fire.
Kept the jackets and winter vests. and took the UPS tag off. super warm for Sierra winters up here.

Overpaid Union Thug

I kept my 20 year plaque. It’s displayed in our living room. I’ve seen and heard my share of allot of BS from the company (and union too to be honest) during that time and continue to now. But I’ve never let it bother me to the point where I can’t recognize that having 20 years (and counting) of service at ANY company is an accomplishment . If anything, the people that are so traumatized from their experiences at UPS that they immediately toss their plaque should be extra proud of “surviving” the amount of years they are receiving the plaque for.

What I don’t like is when a supervisor that’s been on the giving end of allot of BS to a specific driver can stand there and pretend they are happy about presenting a plaque to that driver while EVERYONE knows they’d be more than happy to have them walked out by security at that very moment.

rod

Retired 22 years
I kept my 20 year plaque. It’s displayed in our living room. I’ve seen and heard my share of allot of BS from the company (and union too to be honest) during that time and continue to now. But I’ve never let it bother me to the point where I can’t recognize that having 20 years (and counting) of service at ANY company is an accomplishment . If anything, the people that are so traumatized from their experiences at UPS that they immediately toss their plaque should be extra proud of “surviving” the amount of years they are receiving the plaque for.

What I don’t like is when a supervisor that’s been on the giving end of allot of BS to a specific driver can stand there and pretend they are happy about presenting a plaque to that driver while EVERYONE knows they’d be more than happy to have them walked out by security at that very moment.
LIVING ROOM? Damn my wife won't let me have anything to do with her "show it off to her friends" living room. And that is fine with me. There is no tv in there so what the hell do I care.

rod

Retired 22 years
Poor @rod doesn't get one of those either. He has a she-shed outside. ;)
I wouldn't waste my time on some little man-cave. I have a workshop that is better than what most people live in. Vaulted ceiling- in floor heat- complete bathroom -hot and cold water with shower - killer sound system and tv- cedar siding and all finished off inside complete with stove and full size refrigerator and mechanical room. And it over looks the Mississippi.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wouldn't waste my time on some little man-cave. I have a workshop that is better than what most people live in. Vaulted ceiling- in floor heat- complete bathroom -hot and cold water with shower - killer sound system and tv- cedar siding and all finished off inside complete with stove and full size refrigerator and mechanical room. And it over looks the Mississippi.
is there a bed?