34 hour reset

derrick

i get off work saturday morning around 3am. but I wanted to come in sunday morning and work inside and get double time for 4 or 8 hours. will that violate the 34 hour reset rule? wondering because I won't be driving just working in he building loading trailers.

i get off work saturday morning around 3am. but I wanted to come in sunday morning and work inside and get double time for 4 or 8 hours. will that violate the 34 hour reset rule? wondering because I won't be driving just working in he building loading trailers.
It's fine as long as you don't plan on driving the next day

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If he's getting off work at 3 AM Saturday he's probably either a feeder driver, in which case yes it will screw up his reset, or he's an inside employee working the night sort in which case it's a non-issue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If he's getting off work at 3 AM Saturday he's either a feeder driver, in which case yes it will screw up his reset, or he's an inside employee working the night sort in which case it's a non-issue.

...or he could be getting off work at 3 AM Saturday from his side job...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

As long as you don't go over 70 hours in 8 days, or 60 in 7, you aren't required to take a 34 hr reset.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If he's getting off work at 3 AM Saturday he's probably either a feeder driver, in which case yes it will screw up his reset, or he's an inside employee working the night sort in which case it's a non-issue.

I can't imagine a feeder driver wanting to work in the hub.;)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You won't violate DOT HOS since you aren't driving, but you will also not get your 34 hour reset, and these hours inside the building count against your 60 or 70.

It could affect your ability to drive on Monday.

It is hard to tell from his post whether he drives during the week and is picking up hours in the hub on Sunday or if he is an inside worker.

If he knows about a 34 hour reset and violating HOS, I doubt he is just an inside worker.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I can't imagine a feeder driver wanting to work in the hub.;)
I had a job going to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where I had to be there for like 2 hours before they wrapped up and I could pull. They asked me if I would use that time to bag smalls in their building instead of just sitting in my tractor. I did. But just a couple of times. lol.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had a job going to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where I had to be there for like 2 hours before they wrapped up and I could pull. They asked me if I would use that time to bag smalls in their building instead of just sitting in my tractor. I did. But just a couple of times. lol.

I started a new job that had 2 hours down time, waiting for sort down. Been that way forever.

UPS started having all of these jobs with down time shift on their lot. I heard it was happening everywhere. They hated paying us to sleep, and I kind of don't blame them.

My first day of this new mandate, they had me shift for 2 hours.

After 2 hours, they said that's all they need and that my loads were ready to go.

I told them that's all fine and good, but I'm not ready to go. I told them that they had not given me time to take my meal, that they made me shift the entire time I was there.

Told them that I would not make it back for the sort by the time I took my meal and then hooked up and left.

Boy were they hot. They had to send 1 of their drivers with my loads 220 miles and then come back with an empty. He drove 440 miles in all. After my meal, I pulled an empty out of there.

Never had to shift again. Slept for 2 hours everyday for the next year.