350 Package Car Methods?

2Slow

I am trying to find a complete rundown of the methods somewhere. I looked around on upsers.com for a while and could not find them... Can any of you help me locate them?
Asking my managment team is not an option. They prefer to withhold information as much as possible.
We are getting ready for round 75 in the 9.5/overdispatch/harassment battle, and I want to brush up on every little detail of the methods.
Thanks...

outta hours

If you are asking your management team for the methods they are required to give you a copy. Be sure and ask for the 340 methods. There are no 350 methods. That is unless they added 10 I don't know about.:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
That would be one long list. I once saw what I assume was the official list of all the things you were suppose to do just for a pretrip a package car. There must of been 50- 75 things. I'm sure it would of taken half an hour at least to do each and everyone. I seem to remember them saying we were allowed like 4 minutes.

upsgrunt

That would be one long list. I once saw what I assume was the official list of all the things you were suppose to do just for a pretrip a package car. There must of been 50- 75 things. I'm sure it would of taken half an hour at least to do each and everyone. I seem to remember them saying we were allowed like 4 minutes.

3 minute pcm (yeah right) and 5 minute pre-trip for a total of 8 minute a.m. time.

satellitedriver

Rod,
I still have the 1980's manual.
A while back, I read the pretrip sequence.
I timed reading it with a stop watch.
It took me almost 3 minutes to read.
I am a fast reader, but, jeez louise, they ask me to do all that stuff under 4 minutes?
When was the last time you checked the tightness of your lug nuts?
PAX

My A.M. time runs from the start time to the time I actually leave the building, rarely is it in 8 minutes, sometimes it's as much as 30-45 minutes. You're A.M. time stops when you enter the time in "LEFT BUILDING" . When everyone puts in the default 8 minutes, it looks as though the management team has done an excellent job in getting us out on the road on time, and makes it appear that your drive time to your first stop was more than it should be.

ups79

Rod,
I am a fast reader, but, jeez louise, they ask me to do all that stuff under 4 minutes?
PAX

We once had a drivers wheel fall off. Four about 3 weeks after, the last words from a female super. was "check your nuts and run"

over9five

Staff member
From UPSers.com:

"Methods
The number one thing you can do to make your job easier is to consistently use the methods designed for your work. Don't waste your time and energy swimming upstream. Just use the methods every day and you'll see how much easier they'll make your job."

And that's all you really have to know!

Lobofan5

We once had a drivers wheel fall off. Four about 3 weeks after, the last words from a female super. was "check your nuts and run"

Is there a UPS method sheet that explains the 19 steps to "check your nuts" ????

I'd love to see THAT!!

doctor brown 688

Sence of urgency....hmmm.....I don't recall, but I think it had something to do with going to the restroom at my next five stops but not before anouncing"UPS" so that everyone knows it is me doing it.Something like that.

tieguy

Banned
If you are asking your management team for the methods they are required to give you a copy. Be sure and ask for the 340 methods. There are no 350 methods. That is unless they added 10 I don't know about.:happy2:

never heard that they are required to give them to you.

2Slow

never heard that they are required to give them to you.

I haven't heard either way, but my managment team doesn't do a lot of things that they are required to do. (like follow the contract for instance) My Center manager is a secretive nut, I'm sure that he won't give them to me. It sure would be nice if I could find them some other way....

B

Bombed Load

Tie, do you have any reason why every driver shouldn't be given a copy? If UPS management truly had faith in them, a copy should be distributed to all employees. Why aren't they? Could it possibly be because UPS is run by hypocrites who really don't want workers following ALL those methods? Maybe instead management just expects everybody to run like idiots, cut corners everywhere, and skip all breaks. But wait, they have that already... It's called the PLANNED DAY!

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod,
PAX
I'm so old my nuts......... aw forget it:dissapointed: