4 days a week

ManInBrown

I'm in the Southern. There were junior drivers who went home today and yesterday. Some of the higher seniority guys are filing grievances for it because they'd have gone home and had the junior guys cover. I'm on my 4th 9.5 this week and already sent out the message to those guys that I'll waiting for one of them to run my route tomorrow since they've had 2 days off this week already. Maybe it'll work....
Seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to not work. Is it right? No, but that’s what it is.

542thruNthru

Seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to not work. Is it right? No, but that’s what it is.
No it's not right...

Screenshot_20230414_074337_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

GenericUsername

Past practices dictate that the senior drivers still get to go home while the less senior driver covers the routes. It's like preload where they ask the upper guys first and then force the bottom guys out. If they don't ask you to go home as a FT driver with seniority and a lesser guy goes home they can file.

vvv

Starting in 2019, I began working 2-3 days a week to allow junior employees a work opportunity. It's all I cared to work anyway. I was notified around the first of the year that I was required to work at least 4 days per week going forward. The explanation was that the company didn't like to see someone's benefits dollars higher than his gross income. It's been an adjustment, but It's there company to run as they wish.
I heard the same thing brother, then I worked a couple days in same week and they thought better, now pretty much been doing only one again. :)

vvv

Past practices dictate that the senior drivers still get to go home while the less senior driver covers the routes. It's like preload where they ask the upper guys first and then force the bottom guys out. If they don't ask you to go home as a FT driver with seniority and a lesser guy goes home they can file.
Past practice.....current practice......call it what you will.

But when you wet the bed like me all that crap goes out the window and they make exceptions and I get to do whatever I want for the most part.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have guys doing 6 days a week and others 1 day a week.
I work 6 days because I want to, not because I have to.

If all the 22.4 people showed up, I wouldn’t be able to do that.

Guess they are too busy running around in their 80k mustangs on the weekend to have time to fulfill their obligations. Same jokers that will cross a line because they have a $120 electric bill due next week.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So many kids walking in with sweatpants and white sneakers, management lets them do it because “we don’t have enough drivers”

I’ve just given up, do my route and leave at the end of the day. Going through the motions for another 5-7 and just wanna capture that 30 and out pension.

542thruNthru

I took that as you saying I was wrong. It’s supplemental language. Where I am in the 177 it gives you the right to work, not the right to not work.
I understand that but you didnt say 177. What I was getting at is its not right every where. It's a common saying by management and also spread online like wildfire. So I was pointing out that it's not correct. The Atlantic, the West, and the southern off the top of my head have language that gives you the right to use your seniority to go home.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
So many kids walking in with sweatpants and white sneakers, management lets them do it because “we don’t have enough drivers”

I’ve just given up, do my route and leave at the end of the day. Going through the motions for another 5-7 and just wanna capture that 30 and out pension.
I'm getting in feeders for sure now

FromOffTheStreets

Here , out of about 45 drivers, we've got around 5 or 6 that "call in" very frequently(DO NOT CARE what mgmt thinks).
Another 3 or 4 that get days off whenever they want them which is pretty frequently.
If your not in those 2 groups of about 10 people, you would think the sky is falling & that can't operate the business that day because you are sick or kindly ask for a day off.

542thruNthru

Here , out of about 45 drivers, we've got around 5 or 6 that "call in" very frequently(DO NOT CARE what mgmt thinks).
Another 3 or 4 that get days off whenever they want them which is pretty frequently.
If your not in those 2 groups of about 10 people, you would think the sky is falling & that can't operate the business that day because you are sick or kindly ask for a day off.
What supp are you?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Depends on your supplemental language. Rights to go home are by seniority here. So they can't mandate 4 days a week while allowing junior drivers to go home. Same in the Southern as well I believe.
Definitely in seniority order in southeast. If the cutoff list is up, it goes something like this: drivers with seniority numbers 1-300 have the option to keep going past 8 hours or go home. Drivers 301-620, if you have taken meal and have 8 hours, kick rocks.

Voluntary layoffs for the whole week are also awarded in seniority order. Which I hate that guys are signing up for in a contract year.

Last edited: