401k Match...when is it coming back?

Scott Davis asked for and received a nice raise during this recession. UPstate how are your buffalow bills going to do this year, same as the sabres, say second or last place. Dont worry about UPSCO employees they only contribute to 19% of the volume that make the most money for this company, that is NDA and Int. Read the quarterly results and educate yourself to what UPS makes. You need to listen and read more, than just open your mouth and post nonsense.

Are you sure he asked for a raise? There is a problem with hourly employees though. The unions turn their jobs into commodities.

airbusfxr

I dont see any drivers working on the #2 engine of a MD11 in ANC during a snow storm in Feb. I dont see any drivers working on a hyd leak in the tail of a B767ER full of NDA volume in PHX in Aug. We all have different jobs and education levels and skill levels. We all apply for the jobs we think will be a career and provide for our families and providing a profit for "the company".

pretzel_man

Scott Davis asked for and received a nice raise during this recession. UPstate how are your buffalow bills going to do this year, same as the sabres, say second or last place. Dont worry about UPSCO employees they only contribute to 19% of the volume that make the most money for this company, that is NDA and Int. Read the quarterly results and educate yourself to what UPS makes. You need to listen and read more, than just open your mouth and post nonsense.

According to a March 2nd 2010 report from Reuters, your assertion is untrue. He is certainly not hurting for money but the report says that his "total pay down slightly".

Are there not enough real UPS screwups to discuss without you making things up?

P-Man

tieguy

Banned
Its not a perk when every other company gives it. It should NEVER be thought of as a "perk". A perk is having flex time, getting a company car, being able to get discounts from other companies, etc.

A 401k match is part of compensation .

companies position is most companies do not offer a retirement plan and a 401K match?

randomUPSISer

So would you consider the 401k match to be a perk?

Most people under 30 at UPS dont get a pension. You only get that if you've been with the company for a while and got grandfathered in. Those lucky older employees get both. Right now if you arent a pension employee (and not every employee is even eligible for a pension since its being phased out) then you have nothing.

This explains why UPS is bleeding people under 35 so badly. At least before those people had a 401k match.

I guess the company will have no group think problems, nor issues with training the next generation if we only employ people over 40.

pretzel_man

Most people under 30 at UPS dont get a pension. You only get that if you've been with the company for a while and got grandfathered in. Those lucky older employees get both. Right now if you arent a pension employee (and not every employee is even eligible for a pension since its being phased out) then you have nothing.

This explains why UPS is bleeding people under 35 so badly. At least before those people had a 401k match.

I guess the company will have no group think problems, nor issues with training the next generation if we only employ people over 40.

Will you be telling the rest of that story???

Yes, younger people do not get BOTH a pension and 401k. They only get a 401k.

Of course for them, the company portion is much larger than it was for everyone else. Do you remember when they sent out the survey asking employees what they wanted? Younger employees wanted a portable pension. So the company did so.

Now, I'm certain there are also benefits to the company in terms of less risk but.... These younger employees can stay with UPS then take their pension (401k) with them with no penalty...

For me, if I leave 1 day before turning 55, my pension is worth about 1/2 of what it would be at 55. This is seen by most as a good thing. Of course, it removes the incentive to stay with UPS.

P-Man

Buffaloaf

Perhaps I have misunderstood how the pension works. I was born in 1985 (I am 25 years old) and have been with the company for almost 6 years. I am a PT-Sup. I was told that after 10 years of service I would have a pension. Is this true? If not, what details am I missing?

pretzel_man

Perhaps I have misunderstood how the pension works. I was born in 1985 (I am 25 years old) and have been with the company for almost 6 years. I am a PT-Sup. I was told that after 10 years of service I would have a pension. Is this true? If not, what details am I missing?

Its different for different employees. I'm not sure what a part time sup gets who was born in 1985.

Try going to UPSers.COM. Search for the retirement calculator. There is a benefits link that can estimate your retirement.

Its under "my life and Career" and then under "My Money". I assume it works for PT sups.

tieguy

Banned
I dont see any drivers working on the #2 engine of a MD11 in ANC during a snow storm in Feb. I dont see any drivers working on a hyd leak in the tail of a B767ER full of NDA volume in PHX in Aug. We all have different jobs and education levels and skill levels. We all apply for the jobs we think will be a career and provide for our families and providing a profit for "the company".

I don't see any mechanics pulling loads through a blizzard. my guys pulled air loads to airports that closed down. you are so full of yourself.

tieguy

Banned
Thanks for the clarification because Tie's post sounded like the retirement plan was still in place.

The retirement plan is still in place. New managment are supposed to have the 401 K plan with close to a six percent match. I think those folks will get their match back. I'm not so sure about the rest of us.

airbusfxr

I don't see any mechanics pulling loads through a blizzard. my guys pulled air loads to airports that closed down. you are so full of yourself.

I would pull a load if I was asked. Dont worry I upgrade airliners to Cat 3b, boroscope #2 engine on mad dog, and change hyd pump on b767er. We all have a job here and have to answer for our actions, either UPS or FAA so whats your deal. Your lucky, no drug tests, no FAA, just a center mgr that you make a tee time for.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I would pull a load if I was asked. Dont worry I upgrade airliners to Cat 3b, boroscope #2 engine on mad dog, and change hyd pump on b767er. We all have a job here and have to answer for our actions, either UPS or FAA so whats your deal. Your lucky, no drug tests, no FAA, just a center mgr that you make a tee time for.[/QUOT

I build nuclear power plants. Whats that got to do with a 401K match. Anything you receive in exchange for the job you do is compensation. If you got it before and now you don't, your compensation has been reduced. The market determines your worth. You are worth what someone is willing to pay (compensate) you. No more. No less. It's simple economics. No physics degree or A & P license required.

tieguy

Banned
I would pull a load if I was asked. Dont worry I upgrade airliners to Cat 3b, boroscope #2 engine on mad dog, and change hyd pump on b767er. We all have a job here and have to answer for our actions, either UPS or FAA so whats your deal. Your lucky, no drug tests, no FAA, just a center mgr that you make a tee time for.

The only load you could pull gets dumped in a toilet bowl.
hate to dissapoint your fantasy but I did work during the blizzards while you sat in the pilots lounge. if being drug tested is considered a privledge then I have that privledge. How you ever passed one I'll never know. But then you only work about 20 days out of the month so its probably tough to catch you.