401k plan participation

area43

How much does the company match with the Teamster-UPS National 401(k) Tax-Deferred Savings Plan?
They match it - full time drivers 214 dollars a week-but its givin to the teamsters so they in turn, can give it to others that have never worked for ups. To really address your question, it is 0 match for the 401k(in virgina).

705red

Browncafe Steward
They match it - full time drivers 214 dollars a week-but its givin to the teamsters so they in turn, can give it to others that have never worked for ups. To really address your question, it is 0 match for the 401k(in virgina).[/quote
Did van or danny tell you that?

Theres no match on the 401k.

area43

They match it - full time drivers 214 dollars a week-but its givin to the teamsters so they in turn, can give it to others that have never worked for ups. To really address your question, it is 0 match for the 401k(in virgina).[/quote
Did van or danny tell you that?

Theres no match on the 401k.
No vanny and danny didnt tell me that. Im just looking out for my teamster UPS brothers first. Then maybe Ill consider the rest.

Griff

I have a Roth IRA. Don't really see a point in using a 401k account that has no matching. Taxed now...taxed later...blah, you can't win.

rebel

I see that several of you financial wizards here working for ups (probably for fun) understand how to invest for the future. Now let me ask you if you have ever made a bad investment? You are probably the same group that will max out your ups stock option. Buy it today for $70 a share sell it in 20 years for $70 a share, how much have you made? But you probably consider that a sound investment.

Im no wizard, but I buy UPS stock at a 10% discount. So, I guess i have made 10% over 20 years.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I see that several of you financial wizards here working for ups (probably for fun) understand how to invest for the future. Now let me ask you if you have ever made a bad investment? You are probably the same group that will max out your ups stock option. Buy it today for $70 a share sell it in 20 years for $70 a share, how much have you made? But you probably consider that a sound investment.

Im no wizard, but I buy UPS stock at a 10% discount. So, I guess i have made 10% over 20 years.
I was waiting to see how many apwaers it would take to come up with that 10% answer. Thanks for ruining my next 6 months of waiting for a response from them.

mathematics

I was waiting to see how many apwaers it would take to come up with that 10% answer. Thanks for ruining my next 6 months of waiting for a response from them.

It is a 10% return if the stock price doesn't move. In any event, most UPS investors are in it for the ever increasing dividend (which they reinvest). This is equivalent to compounding in a savings account.

So, what can "Brown" do for you? It can grow in good markets because it is currently undervalued. It can preserve wealth in falling markets because it is financially-strong and pays a solid, growing dividend. "Brown" delivers... Good Value!

disneyworld

Not to be morbid but, will the pension get better once the retirees collecting a pension who never worked for UPS(mainly trucking companies that have gone under) start to die off? Or do they still have to pay it to surviving family members?