5s and 10s

Est.1998

All
Good
Kids
Milk
will help you remember the 5's. Rote memorization will help you with the how, what does it do, and the key phrase.

I did the 10's by memorizing a phrase that began with C-W-C-friend-E-S-S-E-P-U (the first initial of each of the 10's). In my case, it was
"Clearing when cloudy finds Eleanor secretly searching Eleanor's purple umbrella....you know, because the weather folks are always wrong.
For the why's, I wrote 5/374/110/26/98. This reminded me that in the answer to the why on #5 of the 10 point commentary would be found in Aim High in Steering (slot 1), the answers to the why on #3, #7, and #4 would be found in Get The Big Picture (slot 2) , #1 and #10 would be found in Keep Your Eyes Moving(slot 3), #2 and #6 would be found in Leave Yourself An Out (slot 4), and #9 and #8 are found in Make Sure They See You (slot 5). I'm a numbers person so this helped me. Good luck to you!
1621050531321.jpeg

JustDeliverIt

Am I in the minority of never having been to intergrad?

I just did a week at my building almost 4 years ago now. 4 days of computer work and driving around an old stick package car and on Friday we went out and was basically a hopper for a driver. Driver got an 8 hour day and we got to play around with the board and put some stops in. Nothing serious, just got a taste for the $h!t show we were about to get into.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

All
Good
Kids
Milk
will help you remember the 5's. Rote memorization will help you with the how, what does it do, and the key phrase.

I did the 10's by memorizing a phrase that began with C-W-C-friend-E-S-S-E-P-U (the first initial of each of the 10's). In my case, it was
"Clearing when cloudy finds Eleanor secretly searching Eleanor's purple umbrella....you know, because the weather folks are always wrong.
For the why's, I wrote 5/374/110/26/98. This reminded me that in the answer to the why on #5 of the 10 point commentary would be found in Aim High in Steering (slot 1), the answers to the why on #3, #7, and #4 would be found in Get The Big Picture (slot 2) , #1 and #10 would be found in Keep Your Eyes Moving(slot 3), #2 and #6 would be found in Leave Yourself An Out (slot 4), and #9 and #8 are found in Make Sure They See You (slot 5). I'm a numbers person so this helped me. Good luck to you!
wtf.gif

Made brown

1 remember one car length
2 remember look left twice left right left
3 wait 3 seconds before proceeding from a stop
4 4-6 seconds space cushion below 30 6 - 8 above 30 mph
5 5 - 8 second eye lead time
6 stale green lights, just remember six ans stale both begin with the letter s
7 scan for steering wheels again remember s for six and scan
8 = 8 - 12 second eye lead time
9- picture an analog clock the number 9 on a clock is how you should be looking over your shoulder as you pull away from a curb
10 make eye contact

Est.1998

1 remember one car length when stopped in traffic.
2 remember look left twice. left right left and check mirrors when starting at or approaching intersections.
3 wait 3 seconds before proceeding when cars ahead begin to move
4 4-6 seconds space cushion below 30mph 6 - 8 above 30 mph
5 5 - 8 second Check mirrors
6 stale green lights, just remember six and seven both begin with the letter s. This is to prevent you from running red lights or coming to a sudden stop which will knock all your pkgs off the shelf.
7 scan for steering wheels again remember s for six and scan looking for signs of life (brake lights, exhaust, or sudden doors opening)
8 = 8 - 12 second eye lead time (keeps your eyes ahead of the car and alert to what's ahead)
9- picture an analog clock the number 9 on a clock is how you should be looking over your shoulder as you pull away from a curb. Left signal, left mirror, left shoulder. Tap horn.
10 make eye contact
Hope you don't mind me adding a little to your list.

Back From Break
All
Good
Kids
Milk

Milk.gif

Made brown

Hope you don't mind me adding a little to your list.
Anything that makes it better is great. I guess I should have mentioned that i used that basic description to remind myself of the 10 points. Since I remembered the better half of the full point it was just a technique to recall the points when studying it.
I even had them ask me in different order so when he asked me what point point 5 was I would recall 5... 5 to 8 seconds then 2... look left twice ect. It just helped me remember because of all the different information I needed to know quickly.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@joeboodog , @Future, @BSWALKS , @rod @oldngray , @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U , @over9five , @burrheadd let's tell them of our Intergrad school days !! Here are the keys and a map , don't hit anyone or anything,,, now get going !
In an old pos 1964 Ford p-400 that had manual brakes no hydraulics
They were either off or locked up fun times in the rain more than once thought I was gonna die

I did figure out how to tighten the handbrake all on my own no warning light or instructions from a supe needed