60 years @ UPS

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
He probaly never got to learn what it was like to have a life. With 9 grandkids, and he must be well off financially, I think at approximately 78, I would say, "Ok its been fun, now I am going to go live my life" or whats left of it......

30andout

No stock for drivers till recently. Most likely UPS has split his pension every time he changed jobs and he still has 15 or 20 tears to go.:w00t:

xracer

We had a guy that started with UPS in 1961 and was in the thrift plan since it was started had something like $350,000 in it and when they eliminated that plan and made stock available to us he rolled it all into that. Shortly after that stock went public and that $350,000 became $1.3 million almost overnite, maybe this guy did that also. Or maybe he didn't and that is why he is still working.

sendagain

Five sick days in 60 years? I've seen guys use more than that in a month. All I can say is get a sample of his DNA for scientific research; he may be a walking medical breakthrough.

lostintransit

sendagain said:
Five sick days in 60 years? I've seen guys use more than that in a month. All I can say is get a sample of his DNA for scientific research; he may be a walking medical breakthrough.

Maybe UPS is keeping him around to try and figure out how to clone him!

lostintransit

fmrtie said:
He has already been cloned, how else could he have worked at UPS for 60 years.

Lol, good point. My husband worked as a pkg car driver last summer covering vacations and also this past peak season - there is no way in the world his body could last 60 years at UPS! I couldn't even see him do 30 years! My hats off to all of you who have put in that many! (and some of you even more!)

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
hrmm? do you have to pay clones? are clones considered family?(thus inelgible for hire friend/T) LOL

Well some people don't want to quit working for the fear of dying old
instead of dying active.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We need to find out how we can get him on here, or in the chat room. Im sure we could all learn alot, as we would all be newbies by his reign. Then we could tell him, "hello, Marty, you may leave now!!!!". the guy sure has my admiration!! 60 yrs anywhere, plus time served in the military, hey take a vacation for the rest of your life Marrty!!!

beentheredonethat

wily_old_vet said:
He's a better man than me. I did 31 1/2 and thought I was doing well. Congrats Marty:thumbup1:

He's a better man then all of us. The scary part is when you see guys who go non stop for their time at UPS, then they retire and within a year they are dead. My dad was pretty active after he retired from the USPS, mainly golfing. But when he stopped golfing due to his eyesight getting bad he went downhill so fast. It was scary to see. It shows that no matter what, you need to keep busy doing something, weather it's like Marty and working or just having a hobby of golfing or woodworking etc. Whatever you choose, keep yourself busy and happy and living.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OK< ILL take the bait-If its truly you....................
Why do you stay when you should be enjoying your golden years?
How do you find time to enjoy the fruits of your labor, children , grandchildren, etc, and a wife that youve had for 55 yrs.????
Are you afraid as others have stated that when you become inactive you die soon after?
And how old exactly are you??????Did they triple your vaca to 14 weeks?
What exactly do you get for your years of service after 30?
How many safe driving years do you have? Probaly more than we are old?
Ok theres a start...
Love your heart, and your stamina, just dont get why, you broke the records, whats to strive for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!