6th punch

What did SOB get for giving up 6 punch during peak?

• Nothing

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Something

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Something for himself

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Thebrownblob

Can’t reveal my sources Obama.
1699136918357.gif

Ghost in the Darkness

Center manager asked me and others in my center if there is any interest in working a 6th punch even though they can't make us. I said put up a sign up sheet for volunteers, drivers will either sign it or they won't. Some don't like working in the dark or getting done late during the week. Me personally, I would rather work 5 longer days then 6. I'm off Thanksgiving week and Christmas week so I don't have any interest in working those Saturdays. The other 2 Saturday's in December, we'll see... prbly not but its my option should I want the extra O.T.

bumped

I'm in a historically no 6th punch local. Last year we were offered double time to work a 6th punch. Many of us told our management how many stops we wanted, and management knew if we got screwed, we wouldn't volunteer anymore.

EDIT... double time was Saturday after Thanksgiving until Christmas.

I'm in a historically no 6th punch local. Last year we were offered double time to work a 6th punch. Many of us told our management how many stops we wanted, and management knew if we got screwed, we wouldn't volunteer anymore.

EDIT... double time was Saturday after Thanksgiving until Christmas.
Give me double time and that's another story

10:30 resi

I believe the issue only affects our local, might be others in the Atlantic tho. The company here made no plans and/or stonewalled for how to handle Saturday staffing during that 42 day window they had in the original MOU. It was business as usual with forced Saturdays here until our last general membership meeting where the local announced their position was starting Sat 10/28 no one needed to work a sixth day and if instructed members should call out 1 hour before start time. I guess some members were disciplined for calling out that day because last week the local asked stewards to send out this message to members:

"This is a follow-up to our text message on October 27th regarding work any day outside of the regular schedule for drivers. The local filed a grievance concerning this issue earlier this week. We have been in consultation with the IBT about the matter and it has informed us that members should work on days outside of their regular schedule until the matter is resolved through the contractual grievance procedure or it is able to resolve the issue with UPS. General President O'Brien is in discussions with UPS to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We understand and share your frustration with the situation, but we are obligated to follow the direction of the IBT on this issue that affects Teamsters across the country."

No news since last week. People are pretty pissed, understandably.