705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does the decision only allow hoodies "under your uniform"

What the decision says, is basically "as long as the employee has their uniform over

top of what they are wearing, that identifies them as a UPS driver
" you can wear

what you want.

Why not just post the digital copy from the disc???

The only disc's I have (or have seen) are Court and Arbitration decisions.

-Bug-

He denied it, but I think he came from Roadway.

No.... not Roadway, UPS.

Foamer Pyle

Yes with Illinois about to receive a progressive income tax. No full-time employees will see raise after tax hike. They know it's coming. No 22.3 jobs. 22.4 creates more bs for ups to manipulate. They take day after Thanksgiving from double pay and holiday to straight pay. To many give backs. Our pension still pays the same at 100 per full time year.
Keep voting Democrat, and watch your income shrink. The property taxes there are ridiculous too.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The only disc's I have (or have seen) are Court and Arbitration decisions.

-Bug-
Does it look like this???
view

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just for @Griffin1820 (and anyone else who is concerned)

2ns5ix0.jpg

The whole "hoodie" issue.... has been a non-issue in my Local for years. (12 ?)

It started out in feeders.

The company was like "we will allow it, because they don't contact the public".

I was like no....

It's good for everyone.

Then I whipped out the JAC interp. It shut them up pretty quick.

Like I said.... the company hands them out like candy now.... for free.

-Bug-

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Just for @Griffin1820 (and anyone else who is concerned)

2ns5ix0.jpg

The whole "hoodie" issue.... has been a non-issue in my Local for years. (12 ?)

It started out in feeders.

The company was like "we will allow it, because they don't contact the public".

I was like no....

It's good for everyone.

Then I whipped out the JAC interp. It shut them up pretty quick.

Like I said.... the company hands them out like candy now.... for free.

-Bug-

Im hopeful that soon it will be a non issue here as well.

BrownRecycler

Local 710 have some kind of inner circle society. If you look at the total tally, it is very very small for a big membership. The votes for the Master was disappointing. Everyone in local couldn't vote on Master.

So, forgive me if I am not going to take the local election as too seriously in chance of circus performance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'll see your bet (disc).... and raise you 5 more.

15iuj5.jpg

:biggrin:

-Bug-
I call....

Those relics probably wouldn't run unless someone has an old Gateway 2000 computer we could resurrect.

Do you have it on floppy disk as well???

g2k1208.jpg

I'm betting that last disc (with no writing) in your picture is actually a bootleg copy of a Monsters of Rock concert.
:peaceful:

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:
Beards aren't a contractual issue, they are a company policy.

Trying to make it a contractual issue means the Union would lose something

as a result. Besides, how many people have skin conditions now.... ?
It is a contractual issue in 177 when the contract says there is a uniform policy and the company is allowed to change it when ever they see fit with out the unions consent.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is a contractual issue in 177 when the contract says there is a uniform policy and the company is allowed to change it when ever they see fit with out the unions consent.

Umm....

That doesn't seem to be the case, based on the 177 language.

SECTION 4 - UNIFORMS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE

"The employees shall comply with the current standards of personal appearance regulations posted by the Company and with such reasonable amendments as shall be adopted by the Company. A Joint Committee, consisting of two (2) representatives of the Company and two (2) representatives of the Union, shall be convened periodically for the purpose of reviewing and, where indicated, recommending changes in rules or policies relating to standards of appearance."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/07032014_local_177_drivers_0.pdf

-Bug-

Umm....

That doesn't seem to be the case, based on the 177 language.

SECTION 4 - UNIFORMS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE

"The employees shall comply with the current standards of personal appearance regulations posted by the Company and with such reasonable amendments as shall be adopted by the Company. A Joint Committee, consisting of two (2) representatives of the Company and two (2) representatives of the Union, shall be convened periodically for the purpose of reviewing and, where indicated, recommending changes in rules or policies relating to standards of appearance."

-Bug-
It’s funny you show this. Answer me why the company was allowed to change the language you show for making their employees cover up thier tattoos, also taking the tattooed employees to arbitration and the company won the case because they can change the uniform guidelines when ever they wish. Not once to arbitration but many times... I love your passion but we lost many times on this issue. Unless something comes up in the future I'm going to be forced to cover up for the rest of my career.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It’s funny you show this. Answer me why the company was allowed to change the language you show for making their employees cover up thier tattoos, also taking the tattooed employees to arbitration and the company won the case because they can change the uniform guidelines when ever they wish. Not once to arbitration but many times... I love your passion but we lost many times on this issue. Unless something comes up in the future I'm going to be forced to cover up for the rest of my career.

The whole tattoo issue seems to inconsistently applied, as evidenced by numerous

pictures on the internet. But, the issue has been lost many times at the National

Panel and in arbitration going all the way back to 2000-01 ?

Ah, the power our great union has.

I don't know what you expect.... when the members don't bother to vote.

New Jersey Local 177 only had a participation rate of 37.35%

-Bug-

The whole tattoo issue seems to inconsistently applied, as evidenced by numerous

pictures on the internet. But, the issue has been lost many times at the National

Panel and in arbitration going all the way back to 2000-01 ?

It was 2006-2008... I know because it was Lakewood Nj bldg. A bldg in my local.

-Bug-
It’s hard when you have 3500ish FT, 5000ish PT and 90% of PT don’t vote because they don’t care and don’t stay long. That’s nation wide.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

-Bug-
I expect the leadership of the IBT to fix this long demonstrated apathy, instead of embracing it to justify their failures.

Because if they don't fix it, I fear the whole notion of a Teamsters Union will soon be lost forever.

~Bbbl~™