710 Proposal Addresses Nothing

Addison Feeder Driver

The major issues were better insurance coverage and the 4 year progression. Yes, Team Care is a done deal but coverage can be better. As far as the 4 year progression why would the several hundred drivers hired after August 1st 2013 vote to add another year onto their pay progression?? I filed a grievance to get credit for seasonal time worked and the company denied it and the union sat there with thumbs up their asses. Drivers hired off the street sometimes work over 3 years as seasonal waiting for a full time job and none of that time counts contrary to the propaganda sent with the ballots.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The major issues were better insurance coverage and the 4 year progression. Yes, Team Care is a done deal but coverage can be better. As far as the 4 year progression why would the several hundred drivers hired after August 1st 2013 vote to add another year onto their pay progression?? I filed a grievance to get credit for seasonal time worked and the company denied it and the union sat there with thumbs up their asses. Drivers hired off the street sometimes work over 3 years as seasonal waiting for a full time job and none of that time counts contrary to the propaganda sent with the ballots.

The coverage really should be better with the millions teamcare has in the bank.

Bottom rung

The union got big raises for friend/t employees, that money had to come from somewhere. So they gave em another year in progession. Most new employees are on the kool aid. It will take them realizing they got the shaft to wake up. Hope the same won't happen in the next negotiations. They did get some nice improvements though.

babboo25

Banned
Credit for seasonal work? Are you kidding? I'm surprised that grievance was even heard. All of us inside hires have played the free period game for years, took me 6 years of utility driving to finally get full time. Consider yourself lucky if you are an outside hire.

Addison Feeder Driver

Outside hires work seasonal for years too waiting for full time ooenings. Why should you guys be the only ones getting credit? Plus we work in split barns so we cant do city work or shifting because its 705 work. That means 2 days a week if we are lucky when we are starting out. You sound like a selfish jerk by the way.

babboo25

Banned
Outside hires work seasonal for years too waiting for full time ooenings. Why should you guys be the only ones getting credit? Plus we work in split barns so we cant do city work or shifting because its 705 work. That means 2 days a week if we are lucky when we are starting out. You sound like a selfish jerk by the way.
Selfish jerk? Only stating facts, be thankful my friend. You think a 4 year progression is so bad then go work somewhere else.

slantnosechevy

Babboo is only stating facts. The panel was probably pissed you wasted their time on a grievance with no merit. Read your supplement. The language is for part-timers who drive during seasonal periods. The language doesn't take effect until ratification. Who's the selfish jerk?

Addison Feeder Driver

Learn to read then you can maybe give a thoughtful answer instead of making yourself look like an idiot. You have no idea how our building operates or why the grievance was filed.

Addison Feeder Driver

Somebody saying that we should consider ourselves lucky to be an outside hire is a total maroon. Our whole Chicago district only hires outside for 710 feeder and we make up 85% of 710. Thats the problem with the language. We work seasonal like you guys work part time, for years waiting for openings The language is already in the contract Chevy only change is to 12 months from 6 months. So ratification has no bearing on this. Dennis, the agent, told me that the clause is understood to apply to all coverage drivers. He specifically said to file a grievance if we havent been getting credit for coverage work.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
It looks like the new 24/7 On Call language is still in there, did I read that right? Was there much blowback on that?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I feel for you. Problem is there is no other supplement, that I know of, that allows credit for seasonal work. If you got this into your contract, you would be the only ones.

I know a guy that worked seasonal for 4 years. Finally got hired on. He is low man on the totem pole. No credit for seasonal work.

With the 6 for 1, 5 inside guys got into feeders while he still worked seasonal.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Local 89, Louisville feeder drivers put up a stink last contract. UPS hired a crapload of drivers off the street. As they needed more, they took package drivers into feeders and they brought their company seniority with them.

These package drive were ahead of all the street hires in seniority. The street hires did not like it and wanted the contract changed.

Now the seasonals want the contract changed. Again, I feel for you, but I highly doubt it will change. Seasonals have no vote.

Addison Feeder Driver

Chicago is unique because city drivers are in Local 705 while road drivers are Local 710. For this reason every single 710 employee is a street hire. With the new 4 year progression it would be nice if Chicago area had the same credit for time worked before being hired full time as surrounding hubs get. The contract just needs 2 words added to it- Part time "And Seasonal".
For the gentleman mentioning seniority for feeder. This is only for credit for pay progression

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Chicago is unique because city drivers are in Local 705 while road drivers are Local 710. For this reason every single 710 employee is a street hire. With the new 4 year progression it would be nice if Chicago area had the same credit for time worked before being hired full time as surrounding hubs get. The contract just needs 2 words added to it- Part time "And Seasonal".
For the gentleman mentioning seniority for feeder. This is only for credit for pay progression
I see how it works now. Different scenario than they had in Louisville.