8.2 hr dispatch stategy likely to drag down performance for UPS

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
57BC291B-EEB4-4765-BE5F-625BD0C511CF.jpeg
I’m really luck I just got out my 30 day pack as a TCD starting at $30 and on my 30 th day I signed the pt to full time pool bid and was told I won the following week. Now I’m a full time driver at $30.77 hr and I’ve only delivered for about 35 days now. But I have been twitch the company for 9 years with 3 of them being a yard shifter and I also have been working in the sun cutting grass and landscaping my entire life for my dads company so nothing really phased me when qualifying. I even went to inter grad and did all of this on a first attempt lol

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
It cracks me up all you guys complaining about no OT. Demanding higher pay in California to make up for it.

Hilarious is what it is.

The Entitlement Mentality is strong with some of you

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It cracks me up all you guys complaining about no OT. Demanding higher pay in California to make up for it.

Hilarious is what it is.

The Entitlement Mentality is strong with some of you
Entitlement mentality.....is that what you call it. Wouldn’t your belief that you should make as much as we do be the actual entitlement mentality.

Sorry the truth intimidated you but run run run as fast as you can.....you’ll never out run the truth.

Your arrogance is shocking especially since you hide under the falseness of Union Brethren.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Entitlement mentality.....is that what you call it. Wouldn’t your belief that you should make as much as we do be the actual entitlement mentality.

Sorry the truth intimidated you but run run run as fast as you can.....you’ll never out run the truth.

Your arrogance is shocking especially since you hide under the falseness of Union Brethren.

Your post really doesn't make sense.
Actually it doesn't make any sense.
Jibberish is what it is.

You want higher pay because you choose to live in California.
That is ridiculous, asinine and hilarious all at the same time.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Your post really doesn't make sense.
Actually it doesn't make any sense.
Jibberish is what it is.

You want higher pay because you choose to live in California.
That is ridiculous, asinine and hilarious all at the same time.
Actually what I’m stating is that we should have pay zones. There are places here in California that probably are as cheap if not more compared to where you live.

Dig your head real deep into the sand if you’d like but the reality is that our pay should be a representation of not only our work but our local cost of living.

You act as if I’m suggesting to reinvent the wheel, ask around what police or nurses make where you live. Nurses here make $100 an hour police do quite well too

I know this concept might be above your capabilities but low comparable wages in fact subsidize wages that are high comparably to their areas cost of living.

In other words......your above market $37 an hour comes at a huge cost to our below market $37 an hour.

Hope that was clear enough for you.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Delivering Boxes isn't skilled Labor.
Without the Union wages would be half of what they are and benefits would be almost nonexistent.

Demanding to be paid more because you choose to live somewhere with a high cost of living is ludicrous.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Find a different job if you can't make ends meet delivering boxes.

You choose to work at UPS and You Choose to live in California.
That isn't anyone else's problem.
Never said it was....I’m sorry that you feel intimidated or somehow are under personal attack when people out side of Minnesota don’t share your opinions.

My dads family is in Lake Hubert....I’ll be sure to retire there with my WSP and we can have coffee and discuss your CSP and it’s insolvency. Seeing as with your perspective that’s just the way it is. You and all your sense of entitlement of wanting a solvent pension plan. Lol

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Never said it was....I’m sorry that you feel intimidated or somehow are under personal attack when people out side of Minnesota don’t share your opinions.

My dads family is in Lake Hubert....I’ll be sure to retire there with my WSP and we can have coffee and discuss your CSP and it’s insolvency. Seeing as with your perspective that’s just the way it is. You and all your sense of entitlement of wanting a solvent pension plan. Lol
I spend my pension on Strippers and Cocaine.
I don't need a pension.
I Make Several Million Dollars a year with my Rental Property Empire.
Hope to make over 10 Million Next Year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m really luck I just got out my 30 day pack as a TCD starting at $30 and on my 30 th day I signed the pt to full time pool bid and was told I won the following week. Now I’m a full time driver at $30.77 hr and I’ve only delivered for about 35 days now. But I have been twitch the company for 9 years with 3 of them being a yard shifter and I also have been working in the sun cutting grass and landscaping my entire life for my dads company so nothing really phased me when qualifying. I even went to inter grad and did all of this on a first attempt lol

When you worked inside I bet you always had the toughest pull didn’t you?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Actually what I’m stating is that we should have pay zones. There are places here in California that probably are as cheap if not more compared to where you live.

Dig your head real deep into the sand if you’d like but the reality is that our pay should be a representation of not only our work but our local cost of living.

You act as if I’m suggesting to reinvent the wheel, ask around what police or nurses make where you live. Nurses here make $100 an hour police do quite well too

I know this concept might be above your capabilities but low comparable wages in fact subsidize wages that are high comparably to their areas cost of living.

In other words......your above market $37 an hour comes at a huge cost to our below market $37 an hour.

Hope that was clear enough for you.

Get serious you want to live in the land
of sunshine that’s your choice

I’am out here moving snow half the winter that’s my choice

Quit whining nobody cares

35years

Gravy route
National pay scale will definitely become an issue more so then ever before. I know out here in California it’s quite the talk of the building. Without OT the discrepancy can no longer be masked.

Um...will not happen.
Discrepancies between areas are handled contractually by regional and local supplements. Wide disparities already exist in other areas such as paid sick days, extra weeks of vacation, extra paid breaks, and pensions which pay twice as much in some areas rather than others.

For example, your pension out west is potentially worth $600,000 more than the rest of us based on average life expectancy. And you can retire to any location you want so cost of living is not a valid argument in retirement.

You also get paid sick days, and an extra week of paid vacation, some get an additional paid break after a certain amount of hours, and some get double time for excessive OT

If you want even more than the rest of us you will have to gain it by Supplement.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Get serious you want to live in the land
of sunshine that’s your choice

I’am out here moving snow half the winter that’s my choice

Quit whining nobody cares
No whining....sounds to me you’ve picked up that oar.

Where I’m from when someone asks you a question, you answer.

In my experience when people get this defensive....it means they know they’re wrong.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Um...will not happen.
Discrepancies between areas are handled contractually by regional and local supplements. Wide disparities already exist in other areas such as paid sick days, extra weeks of vacation, extra paid breaks, and pensions which pay twice as much in some areas rather than others.

For example, your pension out west is potentially worth $600,000 more than the rest of us based on average life expectancy. And you can retire to any location you want so cost of living is not a valid argument in retirement.

You also get paid sick days, and an extra week of paid vacation, some get an additional paid break after a certain amount of hours, and some get double time for excessive OT

If you want even more than the rest of us you will have to gain it by Supplement.
You’re absolutely right, the only reason this comes up in conversation is cause of the reduction of hours.

I’m not a new driver and I can run EAM’s for extra money if necessary. This point was made in reflection of new drivers trying to make ends meet.

There’s a perception that these guys are hurting only from “living above their means” and in most cases that’s not the case.

I agree with your point but try explaining the future benefits to younger drivers knowing that what they need is money now not when they get their extra week of vacation sooner than you guys.

But your point is very valid.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
No whining....sounds to me you’ve picked up that oar.

Where I’m from when someone asks you a question, you answer.

In my experience when people get this defensive....it means they know they’re wrong.
When people demand special treatment to do the same job....that is called Entitlement.
Nobody cares about your hardships living in California.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
When people demand special treatment to do the same job....that is called Entitlement.
Nobody cares about your hardships living in California.
Ironic.....seeing as we’re in a union who’s main job is to better our financial status. I’ll pass your wisdom on at our next union meeting.

I can just hope that the good residents of Maple Grove show you the gratitude and appreciation you deserve.

vvv

You're missing the part where everyone is going out with 8-8.5 hours of work. There is no one to help. Even if someone is running an hour over they'll still be under 9.5.[/QUOTE

Speak for yourself big daddy. :)

8-8.5 on my run "their numbers" results in 10+ easily with "my numbers".