8.2 hr dispatch stategy likely to drag down performance for UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Many, but far from all. What was wrong with the 9.5 list? Everyone's different, why make the same guideline for everyone which led to getting only very little OT for everyone?
You can opt out what's the big deal?

Everyone starts out on it now and you opt off. Which is how it should have always been.

DeliveryMachine

Here is a :censored2:ing novel idea, when you are done in 8 hours call the center and ask who needs help to stay under 9.5 and go help!

Your truck isn't blown out in the am so you can work in it and fly. You get added miles for going to help which is crack for the bonus crew. You get to control which days you want the added hour plus. And you get to help a fellow driver get home to see their family at a reasonable hour!

Use your head folks!
“Hey boss, want me to run this misload or sweep the UPS store?” Then he ask if you will go over 9.5 if you do. You say yes. He says just bring it in. End of story. 9.5 over service

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It’s insane to read these posts.....the young guys are hurting for hours. There is no one to help since like said already, no one has a 8.5 plan day let alone a 9.5.

We were just talking about this very topic this morning in my center, how long till someone gets the guard shack walk for stealing time.

You think it’s bad now.....wait till January 15th, when things really start running thin.

Btw.....I’ve never seen so much interest into EAM’s in my life. That’s where us high seniority guys are but even there has its limitations.

National pay scale will definitely become an issue more so then ever before. I know out here in California it’s quite the talk of the building. Without OT the discrepancy can no longer be masked.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s insane to read these posts.....the young guys are hurting for hours. There is no one to help since like said already, no one has a 8.5 plan day let alone a 9.5.

We were just talking about this very topic this morning in my center, how long till someone gets the guard shack walk for stealing time.

You think it’s bad now.....wait till January 15th, when things really start running thin.

Btw.....I’ve never seen so much interest into EAM’s in my life. That’s where us high seniority guys are but even there has its limitations.

National pay scale will definitely become an issue more so then ever before. I know out here in California it’s quite the talk of the building. Without OT the discrepancy can no longer be masked.

I don't think we will ever see a drastic change in the pay scale. Maybe a few bucks an hour extra but nothing drastic. So guys in expensive cities will have to figure something out.

How much do FedEx drivers make out there or ground drivers?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I don't think we will ever see a drastic change in the pay scale. Maybe a few bucks an hour extra but nothing drastic. So guys in expensive cities will have to figure something out.

How much do FedEx drivers make out there or ground drivers?
Express guys in my area are in the highest pay zone for them. I believe it’s something close to the low 30’s. Ground guys obviously make less but even around here most of them make between $1000 to $1200. To put that in perspective Ground guys out in the valley a few hours away make between $850 and $1000.

Most are still not even aware of the National Pay Scale but the more we discuss it and make it an issue I’m sure it will get traction.

Ironically we’re supposed to be union brothers yet people see no issue with the discrepancy in pay and what that truly equates to.

We have retention issues and pay is generally the main issue. No one expects those of you who don’t find yourselves in areas that have the same financial pitfalls to feel bad but we certainly do expect you to see the inequities of the pay.

bumped

Express guys in my area are in the highest pay zone for them. I believe it’s something close to the low 30’s. Ground guys obviously make less but even around here most of them make between $1000 to $1200. To put that in perspective Ground guys out in the valley a few hours away make between $850 and $1000.

Most are still not even aware of the National Pay Scale but the more we discuss it and make it an issue I’m sure it will get traction.

Ironically we’re supposed to be union brothers yet people see no issue with the discrepancy in pay and what that truly equates to.

We have retention issues and pay is generally the main issue. No one expects those of you who don’t find yourselves in areas that have the same financial pitfalls to feel bad but we certainly do expect you to see the inequities of the pay.

It's because us in the cold, snow, and ice don't feel sorry for you.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It's because us in the cold, snow, and ice don't feel sorry for you.
Lol....well at least your honesty will get my respect. But you’re pretty naive if you think high cost are only reserved for the sun and vice versus.

It will happen......it’s not a matter of if but when. This 8.2 initiative just magnifies the issue, and the more our wages and pay checks are a topic of discussion the shorter the timeframe.

bumped

Lol....well at least your honesty will get my respect. But you’re pretty naive if you think high cost are only reserved for the sun and vice versus.

It will happen......it’s not a matter of if but when. This 8.2 initiative just magnifies the issue, and the more our wages and pay checks are a topic of discussion the shorter the timeframe.

That will be at least 5 years from now. Based on my 20 years of experience this 8.2 thing won't last.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Or more stops...
They will massage your route till it’s right at 8 hours for “you” to “finish”. Literally our routes dropped like a rock then slowly adjusted up or down till you were at the sweet spot.

If you come in and look at the dispatching computer you’ll notice all the routes are in red regardless of them being no where near what their max’s Use to be.

As stated before, every aspect of this is a benefit except for one thing....our paychecks!!!!

They will massage your route till it’s right at 8 hours for “you” to “finish”. Literally our routes dropped like a rock then slowly adjusted up or down till you were at the sweet spot.

If you come in and look at the dispatching computer you’ll notice all the routes are in red regardless of them being no where near what their max’s Use to be.

As stated before, every aspect of this is a benefit except for one thing....our paychecks!!!!
It's my last contract. Maybe I won't be so beat up when I leave.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It's my last contract. Maybe I won't be so beat up when I leave.
Possibly mine too, my buddy and I were talking about that too. Problem is.....hell im still recovering from last year.

Crazy thing is that UPS has no choice, they’ll need to keep our days down through peak. Normally by thanksgiving we’re well conditioned for 12 hour days.....now if I have a 9 hour day I feel like they’re trying to kill me.

Possibly mine too, my buddy and I were talking about that too. Problem is.....hell im still recovering from last year.

Crazy thing is that UPS has no choice, they’ll need to keep our days down through peak. Normally by thanksgiving we’re well conditioned for 12 hour days.....now if I have a 9 hour day I feel like they’re trying to kill me.
I already told my boss once I get used to this, I'm not going back.

Shift 2

2 days in a row under 9 hours here. Guess I’ll be coming in on Saturday. The old farts forget that the young guys make less on overtime than top rate. My OT is under $30 an hour.
I’m really luck I just got out my 30 day pack as a TCD starting at $30 and on my 30 th day I signed the pt to full time pool bid and was told I won the following week. Now I’m a full time driver at $30.77 hr and I’ve only delivered for about 35 days now. But I have been twitch the company for 9 years with 3 of them being a yard shifter and I also have been working in the sun cutting grass and landscaping my entire life for my dads company so nothing really phased me when qualifying. I even went to inter grad and did all of this on a first attempt lol